Chapter 16

"Why?" I groaned as I sat on the bed. "All I'm asking for is 1 million from the 70 million they have, and that's when they die too. 1 million Theo."

My parents own a lot of properties and sources of income, as well as $70 million in their bank. All of which is going to Theo. And Theo can't help it. They're writing it in their will, despite how much he's argued with them countlessly over how unfair it was to me.

All I asked them was for 1 million in inheritance, enough for me to do what I want while still living comfortably.

They're multimillionaires but they can't even stand their daughter getting some of their money. Even after they die.

Theo ran his hand through his thick hair, a stressed look on his face. "Actually- they've changed it."

"What now?" I asked as I waited for the worst to come.

"You're only going to get that money if you decide to take over the hotels."

I froze with disappointment. My fucking parents- those tricksters. "What?!"

"I tried to convince them but-"

"I hate them! They can't even give them their daughter that much!" I stood up and started pacing around the room with panic.

I know now why my parents sent me here - so I could be prepared to take over the company. They know that they only have 2 kids, and since Theo is too busy taking over my fathers position they're throwing the hotels towards me.

They said they were going to give me the inheritance regardless of my choice, but now that I've refused to take over their hotels they're pulling away their promise.

I felt powerless, I had been outdone by my own parents.

"They know that I don't want to take over the hotels." I ran my hand through my hair as I thought of what to do now. My eyes started watering but no- I was not going to cry.

I plopped down on my bed, swallowing down the emotional flood that was trying to push through me.

"Hey." Theo said with panic seeing the look on my face. He moved my hair out of my eyes. "Didn't I tell you before? I'm going to share everything with you. You don't have to worry about anything."

I blinked slowly hoping the tears wouldn't leave my eyes. "It's not the same Theo." I said with a shaky voice. "Why don't they love me?"

"Your brother loves you."

"So I guess it's like this huh? I either take over the hotel and drown in money or......" I sighed, realising it was either that or it was earning my own money by doing assassinations, which I did not want to do for the rest of my life.

"You have some time to think about your decisions. They said they're giving you a year."

"I don't want to take over the hotels Theo." I sighed in despair. "I fucking hate them! I'm never going home."

"Shhh don't say that. I'm going to try and talk them out of it."

"Like they'll listen!!" I snapped. Theo's phone buzzed and he checked his texts before his face dropped.

"Shit." He cursed.

"What's wrong?"

He shot up from the bed. "The base was attacked. 5 men are down."

"Fuck. You better go."

"Take care okay? I'll come back soon."

I nodded my head before he bolted out, and I silently watched him drive away from my window.

Once I was left in an eerie silence, all I could feel was the emotions building up inside of me. I wanted to cry, to scream in fact. It was too much for me to handle.

I can't handle emotions, not even my own.

I knew there was only one thing to do. I went up to my drawer and unlocked it before pulling out my gun.