Chapter 60

I started walking through the estate towards the gates, my wound hurting terribly. I was practically limping, all the way towards the yellow sports car outside the gates.

I sat inside, a breath leaving my mouth from the pain. Enzo scanned my face with concern, before driving off.

My breathing was heavy from stabbing in my stomach. When I moved my hand away, I saw the red stain on my white camisole.

"Fuck." Enzo said seeing the blood, a muscle in jaw jaw tightening. "What did you do?"

"I fell." I replied laying my head back.

"Goddamn it Shy." He breathed. "You ripped your wound open."

I saw an open packet of chips in the cup holder, and dipped my hand in before putting some in my mouth.

I ended up putting the pack in my laps and chewing on them as we got closer to the city. Enzo tried dipping his hand in my packet.

"Get your own greedy." I frowned.

"You'll see how greedy I can be tonight." He replied making me look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"With healing broken ribs and a gunshot wound? I don't think so."

A smirk tugged on his mouth as the car stopped. "You'd be surprised amore."

As we got out of the car, I laid eyes on a tall building. I took a step forward before flinching in pain. My hand leaned on the car as I tried to steady myself.

"Let me carry you."

"No, I'm fine." I breathed and tried taking a step forward. I stumbled on my legs before Enzo threw me into his arms.

"People will see us."

"I don't give a fuck Shy." He replied and carried me towards the elevator. When we stopped at the highest floor, he carried me through some doors and then into the bedroom.

He laid me onto the bed as I watched his expression, I couldn't believe I was actually finding Enzo Santini cute, especially from the way he put me down like I was fine china.

He pulled a little kit out and kneeled next to me, before lifting my cami up. Just as I thought, my wound was split open but just a little.

Blood ran out of it regardless, and he started pulling out his needle. "The second time I get stitched up by you."

"What can I say, you're a klutz."

"I fell."

"Mmhmm?" He asked before starting to stitch the wound closed. The silence was heavy, for me at least. I hoped he couldn't hear my heartbeat, and held my breath so he wouldn't notice how heavy it got.

Once he stitched it closed he covered it with a large plaster. His hand lingered on my stomach, making fire start sizzle on my skin. His eyes slid up to mine and hooked them in place.

"You can breathe now."

"I was already breathing." I replied. He seemed unconvinced, and started to lightly caress my stomach with the pad of his thumb.