Chapter 43

When he refused to take his eyes off of me, Kyle and Jade both looked at us. I had no choice but to stop what I was doing, though it was fun irritating him.

Thank god it was time to order, maybe that would ease the tension.

It didn't, not even when the food arrived.

"The masquerade ball was fun I'll admit." Kyle said as we started talking about college functions.

"We all know you like balls Kyle." Enzo said calmly, making a small laugh leave my mouth. Enzo noticed and the corners of his mouth tugged high.

When he started talking with Kyle again, I watched his face. Studied his movements more so with intrigue. They were so pre-calculated, so collected even though I knew he felt like beating the shit out of Kyle.

"I see you two aren't arguing as usual." Jade said.

"Well we wouldn't want to cause a scene." Enzo replied, slipping his hand onto my thigh. I glanced down at it thinking it was just temporary, but he didn't move it away.

"Yeah. We can be classy in public." I gritted, silently warning him. Jade or Kyle could easily catch on, but Enzo didn't get the hint.

My eyes flickered down and a breath got caught in my lungs. To hide it I took a sip of my water, which was warm. Ugh.

"Something wrong?" Kyle asked me seeing the look on my face.

"No." I replied, exhaling through my nose. "Everythings just fine."

He pulled his hand away finally and I sigh. "What are we having for dessert?"

"I don't know, I might have the Pina Colada." Jade says while scanning the small dessert menu. She hands it to me and I have a look.

"Well I'm having mine when I get home." Enzo said making everyone turn their eyes towards him, alarmed. He realised what he said and sat back, owning his mistake. "The pudding I made."

Jade and Kyle relax.

"Enzo this place is beautiful." She says while starting to look around. "Your parents must have some taste huh?"

"Yeah, they have good interior tastes I'll admit."

I felt his hand stroking mine as it laid by my side. I never acknowledged him slowly taking my fingers in his, but every part of me was leaping with desire.

While Kyle and Jade started bickering over something, I leaned into Enzo. "You're not getting dessert."

He leaned into my ear. "As long as you're next to me, I don't care."

I swallowed at his words, and they started to replay in my head. The air grew extremely warm and suffocating. I took another sip of my water to try and cool down, but it didn't help.

How could his words affect me this much?

And then Roman's words from a while ago echoed in my head. 'He's had a thing for you since day one'

Then Enzo's words. 'I'm not letting you go Shy.'

Even when the disaster dinner was over, those sentences came back to taunt me almost. I sighed a light breath, staring into the blank space. This was just lust. Only physical attraction.

I'm not letting you go Shy.

My mind ached with heaviness. I turned to face him in bed, looking into his eyes with question. "Why do you like me?"

He blinked, his eyebrows furrowing ever so slightly. He trailed the pad of his thumb across the side of my cheek, towards my lips, and then lightly pushed down on my lower lip.