Chapter 63

~ENZO POV~

I adjusted my cuff, waiting for the prima donna who was still getting ready. When I checked the time, I muttered a curse realising we were getting late.

I strolled towards the bedroom and opened the door, my mouth opening to speak. But then I saw her.

"Hell." I murmured, my eyes taking her in like I'd never seen a woman before. She put her earring in before facing me.

"It doesn't look like too much does it?" She asked, her nervousness shining through. She knew my family hated her guts.

But to me she was my everything. I stepped towards her, not getting enough of the view. My mouth stopped at her ear. "Do you even know how fucking perfect you are?"

A smile formed on her face, and i'd be lying if I said it didn't almost bring me to my knees.

I took her hand in mine and walked out the door.

———

Heads turned. Eyes stared, but with reluctance knowing they were also looking at me.

One old bastard was gawking at us judgementally, it took just one cold glare and he shot his head away.

My arm was wrapped around Shy's waist tightly. She was a wreck, I'd never seen her this nervous before. Usually she doesn't give a damn what people think of her.

"Lorenzo." My fathers voice said as he came towards us. He was looking at Shy in a dangerous way and I know what he was about to tell me.

"I'm gonna go get a drink." She breathed but I tightened my grip on her.

"No. This place is crawling with your enemies."

"I can protect myself."

"I don't care, I'm not letting you out of my sight."

"Then don't. I promise I'll be at the food table." She said and slipped out of my hold. I would have made her stay but I believed her.

My fathers glare was one of anguish as he watched her walk away. It quickly made me murderous, knowing he was looking at the woman I loved like that.

"Bringing a Solace?" He snarled. "You're even more of a disappointment now."

"Go on, tell me what I can't do because you're going to waste your breath."

"Spend another day with her, and I'll put a bullet in her-"

My hand snapped to my fathers arm, my jaw clenched. "You won't lay a hand on her."

"Or what?"

"Or I'll kill you. We both know I'm not against hurting my own blood."

His eyes narrowed, but he swallowed in defeat. "We're leaving Vegas in 4 days. And by that time I expect you to find a woman who isn't a Solace. I already told you about the marriage thing."

"I'll do what I want."

"Not if you want to remain a capo. Think wisely." He said before walking away. My jaw ticked, I hated my father. Me and Emiliano always did.