Chapter 49

"Mmhmm?" He murmured, not stopping. "You sure you won't run?"

"I'm sure."

"I'm the new capo of the New York Camorra." He said in between kisses. "I just took over."

I remained silent, taking in his words. I did not expect that, I never thought Enzo would be directly linked to the Italian mob.

The Cosa Nostra is dangerous, even more dangerous than the Americans. The people who run it are the worst type of ruthless, but ruthless and Enzo really don't surprise me.

"Shy?" He asked, wondering if I'd run. I slipped my hand over the side of his face from behind.

"I always knew there was something about you." I breathed. The corner of his mouth tugged and he pressed a passionate kiss to my cheek.

He slipped his hands over my front, pressing me close to him. Our eyes met in the mirror and for a while, we only watched each other. Took in the fact that we weren't the same people we knew a while ago.

In college he was just a normal guy, and I was a normal girl. Now, we're destruction.

"We should head back." He whispered against my skin.

Before we left, I stopped him by holding his arm. "Will I see you again after this party?"

"You'll see me soon." He replied we headed in separate directions as to not raise suspicion.

As Enzo walked in the room a few minutes after me, I watched the heads of women turn. He didn't care though and got into a serious conversation with my father.

"Who is that?" One woman next to me asked another. I rolled my eyes and watched Enzo from a distance in case they tried something on him.

When dinner time arrived, Enzo was nowhere to be seen.

—————————

I laid on my back in my dark room, nothing but a streak of outdoor light shining through. The dinner was terrible, I hated forcing myself to fit in with all of those pompous assholes. And to think I'll be dealing with them for the rest of my life.

The sound of cracking snapped me out of my thoughts. I pulled my gun out, slowly creeping out of bed as the sound intensified.

It was coming from the window. I pointed my gun ahead and approached it. When I realised the sounds were of stones hitting against the glass, I lowered my gun and opened my window.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Enzo was insane. He stood at the bottom holding a bunch of stones in his hand.

"What the fuck." I mouthed, alarmed in case the guards saw him. Once he got my attention he started climbing onto the thick pipe leading to the roof.

I watched him with an open mouth, until he reached my window and climbed in. "Are you fucking insane??" I loudly whispered, hitting his shoulder.

A smirk formed on his face. "I told you you'd see me soon. It's still your birthday."

"What if my brother or dad saw you?! We have cameras!!"