21.

Clarissa....

A sharp pain attracted my abdomen causing me to tossed and turned in bed. I am still in my deep sleep but I could feel uncomfortable pain nagging me. I fussed in my sleep as I tried to get my eyes open.

"Urgh!" I growled, clutching on to the lower part of my stomach.

"What's your problem?" Diego groggy voice asked.

"I'm sorry for waking you" I mumbled an apology while trying to get up.

The pain became intense then it hit me... oh my god! It's my period and I didn't remember it due today. I jumped from the bed and took a quick looked at Diego,  making sure he goes back to sleep but his eyes were wide open and staring at me.

"What?" I asked with an attitude. He pointed on me which have me confused then he got from the bed and started turning up the sheets.

My face filled with embarrassment as I spot the redness on the bed. I was so embarrassed, I quickly ran to the bathroom.  Why did this happened when he is here? I messed the bed up in his sight so damn embarrassing. I don't think I can face him again.

"Clarissa?" He called, knocking on the bathroom door.

"Go away!"

"Do you need me to get one of the maids?" He asked.

"No I'm fine, just go please" I was flushed with embarrassment.

I then realized I don't have any sanitary napkins in the bathroom. I kept them in my closet so Diego wouldn't see them. Oh God! Could this day get any worst,  my morning started off so bad. I feel like crying right now, my belly hurts and I'm too embarrassed to face Diego.

"Uhmm... Are you still there?" I asked out softly.

"Do you need something?" He asked, I was expecting him to be lashing out at me by now but he's acting like he care.

"Uhmm... Can you get me that blue bag in my closet please? And don't look inside of it!" I said the last part loudly.

I heard a chuckle from him. He has been a little different these days, he spoke less harsh to me. We still argued at times but not much, I'm still working on getting rid of the feelings building up inside of me towards him but I am not seeing any progress......

"I have the bag" he knocked on the door.

"Leave it by the door then go, I'll clean up the Uhmmm... mess I made" I said embarrassingly.

"No need to, the maid already took the sheets out. I'm leaving now" he said then I heard his footsteps fading away.

I waited a little while then poke my head outside the door and grabbed the bag.

__________

Noon came and I was still in bed tossing and turning. I have took the remaining of the painkillers I have but it wore off because it's been hours now. I was unable to eat because I can't eat when I'm on my menstrual. I could call Indra to come get some for me but she's on her vocational leave and went to visit her family in New Jersey.

I managed to gain some strength and climbed from the bed, I needed something warm in my stomach. I was so grumpy this morning,  I cursed at the maids to leave me alone and stop checking on me. The door opened and in came Diego which frighten me because I wasn't expecting him home so early. I was now embarrassed again.

"Patrice called and told me that you were not allowing any of the maids to assist you" he said, putting away his stuff.

Patrice is the head maid, she the oldest of all the maids.