28

Clarissa....

What a lovely morning I smiled to myself as I made my way to my father's company. Other than the cold weather, I was enjoying the ambiance and taking in the fresh air of New York City. I readjusted my scarf around my neck and hugged my self as I entered the building. Even though I was wearing this thick black jacket, I was still freezing and I forgot to stop for coffee. Searching for my ringing phone, I bumped into something hard causing my bag to fell.

"Xiomara I am so sorry" I apologized to my bestfriend before taking my bag up.

Bumping into her let me realized how I missed her, even though we work at the same place but we only say hi and bye because she is still upset with me and I don't blame her. I gave her enough space to be mad at me and to talk to me whenever she is ready but I missed hanging out with her. I remembered that day we had at her house and how we enjoyed each other's company. I need those moments back.

"We keep meeting like this" she chuckled while fixing her bag on her shoulder.

"We sure do" I laughed as I remembered us bumping into each other at the coffee shop months ago.

We stood in an awkward position for some time, neither of us said anything.

"Xo I missed you and I am so sorry for not trusting you" I broke the awkward silence between us.

"I missed you too Clairey" She pouted and grabbed me hugging me tightly.

We stayed hug for a good three minutes then pull away smiling. "If you are free tonight, I'll like to invite you to Diego's bestfriends Birthday Party and you can official meet my husband" I told her.

"Of course I will be there just text me the address and the time" She mused. Xo always love going to parties especially when they were fancy.

"Ok will do, I will see you there then"

We hugged once more then went to our separate working area.

**

Hours of working, I heard a small knock on my office door and I mumbled to the person to come in. I was drowsy and hungry and just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. The door slowly pushed open but I didn't pay much attention to the door cause it should be one of the employees getting back to me with some files or just needed my signature. I fight back a yawn but it came out anyway because was sleepy and hungry.

"How is my daughter doing?" I heard my mom voice and I shot my head up from the computer screen infront of me. She looked so beautiful in a purple and white floral dress that falls to her knees exposing her soft brown legs and on her feet is a pair of matching heels. Her hair let down that is styled in a bob and minimum make up on her face. On her shoulder is a white purse and a paper bag in her hands that smell like food is in there, my stomach immediately starts singing in a high pitch causing mom to laughed.

"You surprised me mom" I told her because I wasn't expecting her here.

"Well that was the plan to surprise my beautiful daughter with lunch" she smiled while taking a seat and place the paper bag with food on the desk.

I walked over to her and embraced her in a warming and loving hug then pepper her cheeks with kisses. I was glad she was here because sometimes a girl just wants to talk to her mother about certain things she isn't comfortable talking to anyone else about. I got back to behind my desk and watched amusingly and excitedly as mom pulled out the containers with food; lasagna, grilled beef and cheesy pasta with vegetable salad and apple juice. I licked my lips as she dished the out and hand me mine, I didn't hesitate to dig in.