23.

Continuing...
Clarissa.....

"GET OUT!!!! He barked at me.

The sight of him scared me, his red shirt is wet and a few button unlocked, his hair all messy and his blue eyes are now dark blue and looked violent. On the kitchen island are two finished bottles of whiskey and I know Diego don't drink. It was evident that he drank all two bottle of whiskey, got drunk and turning the place upside down. Once again the house is too quiet, he must have fired everyone. I stood there not knowing what to do but watch this insane man breaking the kitchen into pieces.

"I said get out!" He shouted throwing the empty whiskey bottle my way but it shattered in the wall. I was shocked to my bone, I need to leave the place before he hurt me.

I have seen him loose his temper sober but never have I saw him loose it when he's drunk so I don't know what worst he can do. As he said, I get out, I walked down the hall but stopped. No! I can't leave him alone like this. What if he commit suicide because right now he is out of his mind.

I gathered enough courage and walked back towards the kitchen. I saw him turning another bottle of whiskey to his head so I walked up to him and grabbed the bottle from his hands.

"This won't help get you better" I scolded him

"I told you to leave!" He sneered at me.

"I am not going anywhere leaving you like this" I challenged him.

"I will hurt you Clarissa, you better leave" he threatened dangerously.

"Well I guess you will of to hurt me because I'm not going anywhere" I said seriously.

I walked behind him and pushed him towards the kitchen door. He refused to move and hell he was a heavy weight but I didn't give up. Finally I got him in the room and pushed him on the bed. I have to take a minute to catch my breath. I walked inside the bathroom and wet a clean towel and walked back inside to clean him up.

"Why are you even helping me? You should be happy I'm dying and you will be free" He slurped.

"I'm helping you because I should, we have our differences but I'm not going to turn my back on you. You will not die so quit saying that please" I said broken, while sobbing.

I didn't even know that I was crying until I felt tears dripping on my cheeks. How can he just want to give up so easily? The surgery will take place next week and I have hope that it will go out successfully. His hand caused me to jumped a bit, when he wiped my tears.

"The surgery will be successfully and the cancer will be gone, so stop saying you're going to die because it scared the crap out of me. I'm in love with you and I don't want you to go" I said in tears.

The last part of my sentence shocked me, I just admitted to him and myself  that I'm in love with him. I paused for a second. What will be his response to this? I looked down on him slowly but his eyes were close. He fell asleep before hearing what I said, I breathe in relief but still I wonder if he should know how I feel about him.

__________________

Diego.....

Her voice kept replaying in my head when she said  "I'm in love with you and I don't want you to go" .  It slipped from her mouth which shocked both of us but I did not want her to know that I heard her so I closed my eyes, pretending I was sleeping. I was drunk but I remembered some of what happened last night and her voice saying she love me can't get out of my head.

Being diagnosed with cancer really hits me bad, I don't know how to handle it so I do what I know to do best getting angry at everyone. I lost my father by cancer, my grandfather died of cancer and now I am diagnosed with it. How can I act normal when I lost two person's from cancer. It's hard and I am scared because I don't want to die. Clarissa is not the only one that's falling in love,  I hate to say it but I think I do too.