25.

Clarissa....

I found myself pacing back and forth the room as I watched my phone attentively. The hospital should call me anytime now to let me know if the surgery went well. My heart rate wasn't normally, I am so nervous and it is so hard to be in such situation. I heard a small knock on the room door and I rushed over to it. Opening it I saw Indra with a tray of food and juice on it, I let her in and got back to where my phone is.

"I brought you breakfast" She said placing the tray on the bedside table.

"Thank you but I am not hungry" I told her as I chewed on my nails nervously.

"Clairey I know it's hard for you but you have to eat, you need strength to go through this" Indra soothed me.

"Indra I can't eat until I know that the surgery is successful and He will be ok" I said weakly.

"Come here" she hugged me and started rubbing my hair.

Why won't the damn phone ring? It's been hours now and I have not heard anything.  I allowed Indra to continue comforting me as I remind myself of all the things that happened between Diego and I. The words he said to me the morning when we first made love. How caring he was when I was sick? He didn't scorn me instead he comforted me and made sure I was ok and I will return that favor to him. Just then the phone rang and I jumped from Indra arms like a frog, I quickly grabbed the phone and pressed it to my ears without looking at it.

"Hello" I asked, my voice was weak.

"Clarissa darling are you ok?"  Noona asked sounding concern.

"Yes Noona I am ok... I hope you are ok and taking a lot of rest along with you medications" I said trying to be strong but It was difficult.

"I am doing just that darling... How is my grandson?,  He haven't call me since he left to Paris and I am not getting through to him. Have you heard from him Clarissa? Is he ok?" She asked worriedly.

My heart sunk low inside of me and my eyes started dripping tears. Her worried voice asking about Diego really broke me because I am lying to her and I don't know if he is ok. What if something happened and I hid this from her? Diego asked me not to tell her and I can't disobey him not now even though it's unfair for her not to know.

"Clarissa are you still there?" She asked bringing me back to the phone. I stuffed in my tears and tried to compose myself.

"Yes Noona, he's ok maybe just bus.... I heard the beeping in the phone and I took a quick peek to see an unfamiliar number calling me. "Noona I will call you back shortly" without her reply,  I put her on hold and took the call.

I sighed in relief after hearing the news and quickly grabbed my purse, I was already dressed to go to the hospital.

"What is it?" Indra asked noticing my haste.

"He is a awake Indra, he woke up" I smiled, cried simultaneously. I was happy, I uttered a quick good bye and dashed out of the house.

In less than thirty minutes I was at the hospital with fruits and juice in my hands for him. I went directly to his room and when I opened the door, I couldn't help but to rushed to his side and kissed his cheeks. Then I glimpsed the person sitting beside him. I took in her beautiful feature, long blonde her, ton skin, beautiful grey eyes and how beautiful she dressed in a white tight dress with blue and white flowers on it,  she wore a blue stilettos and in her lap is a blue heart shaped purse. I looked at Diego then to the lady in confusion. Who is she?

"You should leave now" Diego said angrily.

"You need to hear me out D" she said painfully.

She called him D, what is this? Who is she to him? She looked up at me from my head to my toes and I didn't like the way her face expression was towards me.