Chapter 32: Players

… Of course not.

The adoption measure for endangered species was introduced last year, but it was limited to endangered species that are ‘not aware and had no independence’.

Many animals that once lived on Ancient Earth failed to adapt well to the changes of the interstellar era. At first, they were able to awaken their spiritual powers. Later, their offspring gradually degenerated into ordinary animals. This kind of degeneration would be manifested as ‘albino species’ or some other forms. These species that could not live independently could be adopted.

For example, the Tibetan antelope and alligator snapping turtles,  1 which were two endangered species, had completely degraded to ordinary animals, and some families in the Upper Urban City had adopted them.

How could an adult, self reliant human male be adopted? It was nonsense. Even if the other side was His Majesty…

No, maybe.

In ancient times, there were war dramas on Earth.

Fennick was a little afraid that His Majesty would change the law for this reason, and the cabinet group might die of anger. With a cold sweat on his head, he considered how to express his words to convey his meaning without offending His Majesty. “In theory, it is not possible. Mr. Gu does not meet the conditions for adoption.”

Fortunately, the Emperor didn’t seem to be very persistent about it.

Shuo Han casually said, “I don’t know what I’m thinking.”

The Emperor had been in a good mood recently. The frequency of anger and outrage had plummeted. The two words ‘gloomy’ and ‘violent’ had nothing to do with him now. This was the only time Fennick had seen it in the twenty years he had assisted him.

Shuo Han was very quiet.

With his eyes slightly closed, he could hear the cicadas in the evening. The moonlight shone on the wooden corridor, and the catnip planted by his man swayed its branches and leaves in the wind. When he stayed at home, he was reluctant to think too much.

Yes, he called it home.

It was not the vast and expensive Imperial Palace in the Upper Urban District, nor every place where he lived when he was a child. It’s just here, beside Gu YuMian.

“It doesn’t have to be an adoption,” Shuo Han whispered.

He didn’t want to be a father, son, relative or servant with his human. He wanted Gu YuMian to be Gu YuMian all the time, to do what Gu YuMian wanted to do, to be the person Gu YuMian wanted to be.

And at the same time, belong to him.

“…”

Fennick realized what His Majesty wanted to say, “Your Majesty, can you…”

Five minutes later.

Fennick then regretted it. It was a bad idea. If the cabinet knew, they would tear him up. But Shuo Han was very satisfied, and said lightly, “Not bad.”

Then, the communication line ended.

Gu YuMian got up in the middle of the night and poured himself water to drink. He found that the snow leopard was not there. He yawned and put on his slippers to find the cub.

“TuanTuan? …Why are you here?”

The little snow leopard nestled lazily in the wooden corridor pressed his young child’s optical computer under his claws and glanced at Gu YuMian for some unnatural reasons.