Chapter 39: Arctic Fox

It took Gu YuMian nearly six hours to close the place and carry out radical rectification on all parts of Elbet Restaurant. Of course, because of the rush of time, there were always details that couldn’t be taken into account, but the emergency response was enough.

It was not a matter of one day and one night to adjust the dishes. Gu YuMian had only added two new dishes with a simple but delicious cooking process. Other old dishes were adjusted using what raw materials he could find at hand. He directly removed a number of employees on the spot, and the rest of them improved their ability to act promptly, and the things he ordered were always completed quickly.

Six hours later, Gu YuMian took the children home to have a rest. He could think about the next thing later.

——And just as Gu YuMian came home, at 6 p.m., Elbet Restaurant.

It was dinner time on the rest day, and was especially busy at the restaurant. A certain Internet celebrity ignored everything. 

When Guan Nini stood at the door waiting for her friend to come to the appointment, she couldn’t help sighing. Elbet Restaurant was her favorite restaurant when she and her best friend were students. She came to eat every evening after class. At that time, it had just opened. There was only one such restaurant in the whole star.

The first owner was a shika deer. She was a very kind grandmother and her cooking skill was unique. Elbet was the name of the owner’s grandson.

This restaurant represented Guan Nini and her best friend’s youth.

However, later, the old shopkeeper retired and gave the shop to the younger generation to take care of it. Then — those people who were greedy for profits took a stake of the restaurant. Under the pressure of their capital, the scale of the shop grew larger and larger, and there were more and more branches, but the most critical aspect of cooking and service became less and less popular.

That was a big part of why she hated humans.

Guan Nini looked at the familiar sign and left slightly disgusted.

Now, Elbet was nothing but the shell of past feelings. The food was average, the service was poor, and the price was high… Maybe this would be the last time she and her best friend would come here. The Elbet Restaurant would probably close down soon.

“Nini,” said her best friend, “what do you want? Let’s go in.”

“Okay.” She nodded.

“By the way, do you know why the family sold Elbet?” As they walked in, her best friend chatted with Guan Nini, “I heard it’s because it’s hard to protect and it’s going bankrupt.”

Guan Nini didn’t know this, “Oh?”

The main shareholder of Elbet was the man who now lived in the middle of the city.

The last owner left his only son by himself when he died six years ago. The boy who should have inherited the family, didn’t, and was driven to a fringe satellite alone. After that, the family style of running the restaurant changed.

In the past, it was for the sake of good fortune, but after changing to the new power, it was for the sake of money. Since the Gu family was rich, most people thought of the Gu family when they mentioned him, and the Gu family had accumulated a lot of bad reputation because of him.