Ch 23: First and Foremost Step

Sinha Mansion:

Ruhani was in her room getting ready for her friend’s haldi(Turmeric) ceremony, (In Indian culture we also called it Batna ceremony).

She didn’t sleep last night a bit because every time she closed her eyes, nightmares welcomed her and she got panicked attack after this

Krisha stayed with her and soothed her whole night. In the morning, Krisha told her to take rest and suggested that they would go to the wedding only at night but she was adamant to go there because she couldn’t leave her friends, she had to be happy for them. Every time her friends supported her and now its her turn.

She was pinning her dupatta when Krisha came to her. She put a hand on her shoulder and asked, “Are you sure, you wanna go there?”

Ruhani nodded her head without looking to her. Krisha saw that her eyes were still looking dull and puffy because of constant crying. She turned her and hugged her tightly. Ruhani couldn’t control herself on that time and she started crying in her arms. Krisha caressed her head and rubbed her back.

“Why this had happened to me, bhabhi? Why me?” Ruhani said while crying.

“Hey, don’t worry. You are safe now, bacha. He saved you.” Krisha said to her still rubbing her back.

“Sometimes I feel like, this beauty is a curse on me.” Ruhani said and a loud sobbed escaped from her mouth.

“Don’t talk stupid, Ruh. Its nothing like that. Whatever happened, it wasn’t your fault. Your beauty is not a curse Ruhu, it’s a gift from god to you.” Krisha said and tried to make her understand.

She broke the hug and wiped her tears then said, “Never ever say that, ok. You are an angel Ruh that’s why there are some devils who think that they can get you but they forgot that they can’t force an angel, if they want they have to show their love instead of their lust and this angel will only belongs to that devil who will cherish not only her outside beauty but inner too, only that devil deserves my angel.”

Ruhani heard her and gave a small smile to her. They both heard the knock on the door and it was Ronav. He came inside and caressed her head but he didn’t match his gaze with her. Ruhani saw her brother wasn’t looking at her. She held his arm and asked, “Bhai, look at me, please.”

Ronav didn’t able to look up. Ruhani cupped his face and said, “Please look at me, bhai.”

Ronav upped his eyelashes and looked his sister and just said one sentence, “I am sorry, princess. I failed you as a brother.”

Ruhani shook her head as no and said, “It wasn’t your fault bhai, please don’t say that. You are the best brother any sister can ask for, please don’t make yourself culprit of the sin that you didn’t commit.”

“But, I didn’t…” Ronav was about to say when she cut him off and said, “No bhai, don’t say anything please, if you want me to forget what happened yesterday then help me with it and it can only possible if you remove this remorse from your face.”