Unexpected Accident

Still Author's pov...

Flashback to 13 years ago...

"Jiminie, are you excited? We're going back to Busan to visit your grandparents!" Mrs. Park exclaimed, making her 7 year old son more excited while her husband smiled. The said boy nodded and sang along with the radio. Suddenly, a car crashed right in front of them. A scream was heard from the car which said," APPA! EOMMA!" The other car wasn't badly damaged nor the people inside were hurt badly, but the car being crashed into was the complete opposite.

Screams died down from the car and blood gushed out from the family. The car was bloody. Jimin was rolled out from the car when the car crashed into them. Suddenly, the car caught on fire and exploded, frightening the young boy while his parents was dead in the accident.

Soon after, siren sounds were heard but he passed out with tears staining his eyes. He woke up in a hospital bed two weeks later and found out that his parents were dead. They were already carried away to the cemetery which brought Jimin into tears. He never got to see his parents, even for the last time.

After he was discharged from the hospital, he immediately brought a bouquet of flowers and went to the graveyard, all alone not caring if he gets lost. He searched and searched through every one of them and he almost fainted due to hot, bright sun which burnt Jimin's milky skin each second.

"Appa, Eomma, I'm here." Jimin said in a shaky tone when he finay found them. He dropped to his knees and knelt down in front of them. He sobbed and cried all day there, and suddenly he felt a oat on his head. He looked up to see no one but he was sure that someone did it. He looked all around, panicking. "Jiminie don't be scared, it's us." The imaginary Mr. Park said, scaring Jimin. "A-appa?" The man nodded and Jimin felt a kiss on his forehead. "E-eomma?" The woman nodded and smiled to him. Jimin let out small hiccups while speaking. "A-appa and E-eomma, J-jiminie ish sowiee." He hugged them tightly, not letting them go as he felt them leaving him. They completely disappeared and Jimin's weak heart shattered into pieces.

He carefully and gently placed the bouquet in front of his parents' grave while kissing both of the stone. It felt weird, but Jimin didn't mind. He kept praying to them and also for him to not get lost in the graveyard. At dusk, he left them and exited the cemetery successfully. He tried his best to walk back home but was caught by somebody. "You are Park Jimin, aren't you?" the boy said, scaring Jimin again.

"Y-yes." He said timidly, earning a smile from the other. "From today onwards, you will be staying in an orphanage and I'm the manager's son, so you do not need to be scared. But whether you want to sell your parents' house or not, it's your choice." The boy said happily but Jimin frowned. "W-what i-ish an o-orp what is it called?" Jimin whispered earning a smile from the other. "It's an orphanage. An orphanage is used to help children with no parents and also children whose parents feel they cannot afford to look after them. They stay there until someone volunteers to adopt them and if not, they stay there until they are eighteen years old. Adopt means to keep an orphan to themselves and treat them like their own child." Jimin nodded and asked,"Jiminie d-does not h-have parents a-anymore?"

The boy nodded as he took Jimin into his arms. He carried him carefully and took him to the orphanage. "S-sir?" Jimin asked. "No no no, I'm Kim Seokjin, but you can just call me Jin hyung. How old are you Jimin?" Seokjin said smiling to the younger boy. "J-jiminie is s-seven years old. He turned seven on the 13th of O-October." Jimin stuttered nervously, earning wide eyes from the boy. "Isn't that like two weeks ago?" Seokjin said and Jimin shrugged his shoulders. "Appa and Eomma promised to bring Jiminie t-to Grandma and G-grandpa's house as a birthday p-present." Jimin said, buryimg his head in the crook of Seokjin's neck as it was so cold but he only has a thin layer of clothes. Seokjin was heartfelt for the poor boy who got his parents' death in exchange of his birthday present.

"Jin h-hyung? How o-old is Jin hyung?" Jimin said to the older boy. "I'm eleven but I'm going to turn twelve this year." the boy said and they reached the orphanage. He gently placed Jimin down and held his hand tightly. "Jiminie is going to s-sleep here?" Seokjin nodded and Jimin pouted. "Jiminie's pillow is at h-home. I cannot s-sleep without it." Seokjin nodded and ordered his older brother to help him take it. A while later, he came back with two luggages which was filled with Jimin's pillows and toys and also his clothes. "Thank you hyung." Seokjin said to his brother while Jimin is struggling with words. "T-thank you s-sir."

"Hey, don't call me sir. I'm Kim Seokjoong, Seokjin's older brother. I'm thirteen, so you can simply just call me Seokjoong hyung" Seokjoong replied with a small smile tugging on his lips while Jimin looked away, embarrassed. "Hey little one, you don't need to be scared, we'll take good care of you." Seokjoong said while smiling wider and poked the boy's nose. Jimin looked back at him and giggled. "Thank you hyungies!" Jimin said, hugging both Seokjin and Seokjoong. The older one waved goodbye to them and went to the convenient store that worked at.

Despite being just a teen, he works hard to earn money along with his parents to maintain the orphanage. Seokjin and a few workers the ones who usually take care of the children. The siblings would both go to school in the morning and work at night. It wasn't easy, but they manged to do so their doings impressed many people. They also have good services like sending the orphans to and fro from school and they do not need to pay a single cent at all.

Seokjin brought Jimin to the sleeping room where all of the children are asleep. Jimin tugged on his sleeves and turned his head away from the beds. "You don't like it?" Seokjin frowned and Jimin nodded innocently. "But you have no other choice" He said which brought Jimin into tears. "J-jiminie scared o-of b-bullies" He cried silently and Seokjin went soft for him.

"Alright alright, you won't sleep here, so you're staying with Seokjoong hyung and I, okay?" Jimin nodded while asking, "W-would y-you bully m-me?" Seokjin shook his head and Jimin smiled. "Then Jiminie will sleep with hyungies." and with that Seokjin smiled to himself. He brought Jimin to his room located in the orphanage. He would sleep in the orphanage or his house sometimes.

Once he entered the room, he gasped in surprise. It was painted in white and light brown, while there's was a king-sized bed in the right corner and a double bunk bed in the left corner. Between the beds was a working table which was huge. Besides that, there was  a bookshelf connected to it. A small bed was right next to it too, so the small bed was nearer at where the brothers will sleep.

"This place is soooo big!" Jimin exclaimed and Seokjin led him to the small bed. He pushed the luggage right beside the bed and Jimin jumped into the bed while the other turned on the air conditioner. The younger one smiled contently and drifted to sleep, not caring to change into his pajamas. Seokjin smiled and caressed Jimin's hair. He felt the urge to treat this precious little boy as his brother.

Once Jimin fell into deep slumber, Seokjin gathered his mountain-piled homework and completed it in two hours time. He yawned and the clock showed 12.45am. He changed into shorts and a medium sized tank top thanks to his broad shoulders. He climbed up the stairs of the double bunk bed and collapsed onto his bed, sleeping soundly as exhaustion took over him. An hour later, the door opened and Seokjoong smiled at the two sleeping boys. He had finished his work and his homework has been done earlier. His upper bunk bed was occupied as he remembered them arguing over who should sleep where. He laughed silently at their silly argument and slept along with the the two boys.