Chapter 48: All My Fault

I wish I was there to
stop everything
I wish I paid more attention
and help them.
Because of her choices,
everyone was hurt.
And the only thing she did was run.

Melody Medina

         "Ah, I don't suppose, you know where Seivon and Miracine are? Not that I mind spending time with you." Ashton leans his head back eating popcorn.
       Wait...Where did he get popcorn? And why can't I get any.

       "How should I know? They are probably together doing what couples do." I couldn't focus when all I see is popcorn getting eaten and I couldn't have any.
        It was a distraction with him munching every single second he gets.

       "Oh like yelling and screaming!?" He yells for the dramatic affect. "Yeah, that makes sense." He gotta be kidding me. I mean I wondered that too, but I not gonna yell for the whole world to know.
        Okay that is a lie, I scream whenever something exciting happens.

      "Hey! Someone could hear you... And I really don't want anyone to think anything." I lean against the opposite wall from him.

      "Just imagine everything happening." He laughed with his body still leaning back.

        "You mean like people stealing popcorn?" I grinned.
       Yep, I would also scream if I had popcorn.

      "What why would you think of....." Just then I stick my hands in his popcorn bag and plopped them into my mouth.
      "HEY! That was mine." And now it was mine.

      "And you weren't sharing, so I improvised." I grinned.

     "I'm gonna call the police on you. See-" He shows me his phone. "I am gonna dial 111!"

      "This popcorn is sooo good." I say with a mouthful, "What did you put on it?"

      "I'm gonna sue you!" He then come up with a better insult, well when I mean better it was better in his mind.

      "Well isn't that sweet." I folded my hands together in endearment.

       "See I'm going to-" I grab his phone, but then I accidentally pressed the call button.
      Oh no... I smile innocently. I did nothing. It just pressed that by itself.

      I furrowed my eyes, "Ooooops?"

        "This is the police what is your concern?" I heard a deep voice on the line.

       "Uhhh...Ashton." I muttered sheepishly, "You can have your phone and your popcorn."

     "Oooh!  Let's prank them!" I stared at him. He is crazy.
     Ah, I miss Seivon.

      "No, I don't wanna pay a million bucks for a prank." I deadpan.

      "It is not gonna be a million bucks maybe a hundred," he shrugged, "but we can just ask someone annoying to pay for it."

      "Seivon is going to tell you that you're dumb." He stared past me, got his phone to his ear not caring. I guess that will be on his bill not mine.

      "This is the McDonald's drive-through, how can we take your order?" I snickered, but I felt kinda bad for the guy on the other side of the phone.
      Having to deal with us, when something serious could be happening and someone at this exact moment.