Chapter 6: Midnight Sailing

He is the flame and I'm the moth drawn to him. Because once I go to the flame, it began to hurt and I caused pain. So I must leave so the fire can exist without feel guilt for hurting me.

~°°°~

Miracine N. Seaton

It has been a week since I first saw Seivon again. The evening lights filled the sky and I was by the beach. Well not exactly, we were in the sea.
See, we were in the middle of the sea. He was in a tiny boat like thing. I was there too, but my tail was in the sea.

"The moon is beautiful tonight," I told him as I leaned up against him.

"Yeah..." He muttered, training off. I noticed he seemed a bit bothered by something.

"Seivon, I don't want to pressure you or anything but you seem a bit distant today." I press my ear to his chest, feeling his heartbeat.

"Sorry..I just," he frowned and sighed as he look up in the evening sky, "Violet I don't mean to be distant. It's just my parents are dead."

I stared at him. Starfish, what do I say to that?!

My ears flopped downwards and I hugged him. "Do you uh need... I don't know what to say," I admit. "I'm just sorry that I couldn't save them either."

He smiled, "It's not your fault. I just miss them. You know at first I was mad. I was mad at myself on how I interacted with them. I was the annoying little kid that messed with everyone for the sake of it. I was never serious, but I always wanted to know more about their work." Seivon wiped his eyes,
"It always seemed so cool. They would discover and study the ocean. I wanted to help them and be serious for once. They finally let me come, but then those ships got caught in some awful storms. Then I met you," he smiled at me.
"I was upset at you afterwards. I didn't think I deserved to be saved. Then you never came until last week. I wanted to talk to you again. I was sad and felt alone. Ash wasn't talking to anyone. Mel I just... Something was going on with her and she couldn't take me seriously. And I was just really sad."

"T-that's," I started to sob myself, "That's so sad! Can I hug you again? I want to let you know I'll be there for now on.

"You can hug me, Violet." He told me. With a smile on my face, I wrapped my arms around him. I leaned my head over his shoulder and snuggled against the human.
"Afterwards, I couldn't focus at school at all. My grades and everything were so terrible. I wasn't the only one. And I repeated a year because of everything going on. I took some therapy classes, you know. It helped me cope I guess. It helped me realize, it wasn't my fault and us going didn't make them die. It made me glad to be alive and saved by you. It helped me do things I enjoyed again."

"Enjoy? What do you enjoy doing?" I wanted to know more about him.

"I like doing this," he starts off, "Besides spending time with you and hanging out with everyone. I enjoy watching films with Ash and Mel, you know. Have you seen any? Sometimes we go to the movies, as some people call it-- I still can't get over the name difference in certain countries. Ash always has his popcorn much to Mel's dismay," he shakes his head and laughed.

"I seen a few. Most were stupid though. I fell asleep because I was bored and it was just so annoying. It was good until they threw in this annoying love interest that couldn't do anything for herself." I exclaimed to him, throwing my arms up.

He laughed, "Oh yeah I agree those subplots are annoying. Just because it is action doesn't mean that it needs some stupid subplot. Certain films in general are just so bad with the comedy and all of the characters are so incredibly stupid. But sometimes you need those stupid films to lift your spirits when you're down."