Chapter 29: Winter in December, how odd.

Don't worry, I always told myself
Even if no one is on your side,
he will
But what happens if he is
no longer there?
I never thought about that so now am I truly alone?
If only I...

Miracine Seaton

         He did not suspect a thing.  My brother.  I was going off with Melody, Seivon, and Ashton.  Maybe this will get Seivon to finally realize who I am?  But even if he did not maybe I could just try to get him to like this humanic self of mine. 
       Although that would be hard when he might have something for my mermaid self, but then again he could just not at all and I am just imagining things.  Ughhhh things are so complicated.   This is making me go mad.  Does he like me?  I think he does.... I mean he kissed me before, but he kissed Malseania too.

         I was looking over the upstairs window porch thing laying there where I was waiting for the signal that Melody is supposed to give me.  To another I would look like a dead body, but she is taking forever. 
        Soon enough Mivozene will come up here and wonder what I am doing and decide he really wants to spend all day with me along with the rest of the break.

         Then I heard it.  The signal, the text, the whistle, the noise.  Where I am it is located on the back.  This window and below it was a place that nobody would see.  A place to just throw myself in and that is what I did.  I was floating, I was falling deep down into an abyss filled with dark marine and silver salt.  When I came up water spilled from my lungs, but it was just like breathing oxygen to any humanic. 
         I gripped the edge of the land and pushed myself out.  This way Mivozene or Azurine would not hear me leave.  When I felt my fins split, I ran off as fast as those legs would take me.

         "Miracine!" Melody smiled when I arrived.  She hugged me as I met with them.

         "Hi..."I smiled shyly as I put my hands behind me.  I saw Seivon glance at me with a look of something I rarely seen him give.  It was like desire, infatuation, or maybe endearment.  It was almost admiration.  What did that look mean and what was it?  I could only hope it was realization, but something was telling me it was more than that.

           "Miracine look what brings you here!  Isn't it great we are all here happy, celebrating, and ready to travel!" Ashton exclaimed in his usual weird voice.  I noticed he said all even though Kaisa is not here.  That is kinda odd.

          "Umm...Shall we go now?" I asked nervously, "I mean I think we should quickly...before anything else happens.  You know?  And it might leave and you know how the-"

       "What is worrying you Mira?" Seivon finally said something.

        "N-nothing.  Just some matters no one, but me needs to worry about."
         Why is it harder to lie now than ever?  'You cannot hide the truth to one you deeply care for.'  Those words echo in the back of my mind.  It must be true.

        We headed inside to the plane.  We were walking inside when we got to our destinated seats. They were two different rows.  Two by the window and behind it was two others.  As soon as we got the I went to one of the closest window seats and sat there. 
       Seivon looked like her was debating with himself where to sit, but before he could figure out, Melody, to my dismay sat next to me.  I was hoping Seivon was going to, but it is still fine.

         "Too bad Kaisa couldn't join us." Ashton finally spoke up.  Yeah, I am not complaining.  She would probably just tell Mivozene everything because she been secretly working with him and telling him information about whatever I do. 
          There is no other explanation for why they sometimes are together.  And even if she denies it, I know she is lying.  I mean who else would it be?  Ashton?  Ha, that is a joke and Mivozene seems to dislike him greatly.