Chapter 33: Running away lets them win

I ran when I was afraid.
Because I thought that it would make everything better, but now I know it doesn't do that at all.

Miracine Seaton

      I hated it.
Everything.
All of what happened.

      Why did they say that?

      Did they knew that is what been eating my flesh?

        Probably, and that is why they told him.  Now he probably hates me for not telling him and that I am the crowned one.  I already know it is true that we will never be able to be together, but it does not mean I could try. 
        Who could blame me for trying.  I mean it was seeming to work.  Here in this place it was.  When it was just us two.  When we were being close and together....But now all of that is lost.

       Humanic emotions and feelings.  I once told I did not have any.  But I was lying.  When you spend so much time with humans to try to blend in you get certain traits from them.  Their emotions and feelings.  But actually, I had them way before this when I was younger.
        I believe Kaisa also has them, but she is in denial.  She pretends she has them for only human purposes, but makes herself a blank when she is just with Mivozene or me.  Sometimes I think she might do certain traits that she likes about humans.  Traits that she think fits her.  And out of those emotions or feelings I had sorrow.

         Tears of rain.  Mermaid tears were falling down my face through my eyes.  Would it freeze from this weather?  Who knows.  I was running far away from where I was.  I had no idea where I was going.  I did not care.  I just wanted to run so much until I collapse and then maybe no one would able to find me.
        Then I would act like a human and find my way back to Seivon.  Then we could be together in secret.  I will change my name and my appearance.  And no mermaid would ever know.  Then Mivozene would have to have the crown instead.  It is perfect, but Seivon might hate me.  He probably does.

          Then I suddenly bumped into something making me take a dreadful fall.  Fortunately, snow is soft and feels like home.  So there I was laying down and I could just seem the cool wind and evening sun just stare at me as I just laid there. 
          Snow was covering different areas of me.  I didn't care and it was not until something carried me away that I started to care.

        What was I doing?  Seivon...he was calling my name and...I left.

         "Wait who are you?  Put me down, I have to go somewhere."  Whoever they were set me down.  It was Ashton....But why?
         He was somewhere else and had no idea what was going on.

         "Ashton?" I blinked.  It was certainly him.

         "What are you doing here?"

          "I could say the same about you..." He looked at me in confusion, "Weren't you with Seivon and Melody?"  About that.  How do I tell him?

          "Yeah," I lowered my head, "but something happened."

          "Did you break up?  I am so sorry, Seivon can just be an egghead sometimes." I looked at him confused.  What? I would never!

         "What?  That is not it." I told him honestly.

        "Then what is it?  I am a good listener.  You're probably thinking 'why would I tell Ashton anything he is a crazy edgy egghead' but I actually am.  Sure, I say crazy things, but I listened when Melody needed someone too.  So why can't it be the same way?" He exclaimed making a valid point.