Chapter 2: A Promise

I cannot believe it. No. No. This didn't happen. Wake up!  Just wake up from this cruel nightmare. She said nothing would stop this. Why did believed it was her fault?
It was mine, all mine. His hatred makes sense now. My existence to her is a mistake. If anything I should disappear to make my sins to her and him replenish.

But why didn't they say something before? She was planning this since ever.
He was right.
Gah how could I been so stupid and foolish. This was bound to happen. I'll never forgive myself, but now I'm completely loss in an abyss that continues to drown me and this beating in my chest is never mine.

~°°°~

Seivon Rivers ~ 4 Year Prior

      It was raining and it wasn't the happy rain where you would laugh step your feet in the puddles while attempting to throw rain on your friends.  It was the the dull rain when you felt that uncomfortableness in your stomach, where your emotions were all over the place and you didn't know how to feel. The clouds were dark and everywhere was dull.

      I looked up and allowed the rain to wash away the tears.  I put the dark hood over my head. I would rather not show my face to everyone and this way I would blend in after all everyone is wearing black coats and dresses.

      "Today is a very sad day." A man spoke and began to start, "It has been a very sad day for these past few days.  And this day, we are here to mourn the ones that were lost at sea.  We are here to mourn the 297 deaths who boarded the Marian with good hopes to find out more about the sea, but in return the sea gave them a storm and darkness." He stepped off the stage and one of their friends began to speak.

       "They will all be missed and nothing will be the same without them by our sides.  They were loved.  They were our friends, and they were our family.  And we can never see or talk to them again." The woman dabbed her eyes.
      Tear were falling down her own cheeks, "No more arguing, no more smiling, and no more crying by their sides.  You were a sister, a brother, a son, a daughter, a mother, a father, a fiancée, a wife, and a husband, but you will live on forever in our memories."

      The speaker than brought out the candles we were given prior, "I light this candle and may the darkness soon be lifted.  We light 297 candles for each loved one who can no longer be with us.  They sacrificed their lives.  They sacrificed everything and brought us closer to finding out the truth about the sea. Rise our candles together and we will sing Hayley Westera's Prayer."

"Let your arms enfold us
Through the dark of night
Will your angels hold us
Till we see the light

Hush, lay down your troubled mind
The day has vanished and left us behind
And the wind, whispering soft lullabies
Will soothe, so close your weary eyes

Let your arms enfold us
Through the dark of night
Will your angels hold us
Till we see the light

Sleep, angels will watch over you
And soon beautiful dreams will come true
Can you feel spirits embracing your soul
So dream while secrets of darkness unfold.."

      I shouldn't have survived.
Why did I live?
And nobody else did?  I was going to die but she...
     She saved me and as much as I do appreciate it I feel like someone more important should be saved instead.

      "Mum, dad?!" I cried out in distain, "Why did I survive when I was going to die?!"

I hear and see what everyone thinks.  Why did a miracle choose to save me but not their son, daughter, mother, or father?