Bonus Chapter/Scene #4

Bonus Chapter/Scene #4...In which Melody sees Seivon locking lips with Mermaid Miracine and realizes he secretly likes a mermaid.

*Must be read after Chapter 11*

"Urk, what is taking them so long?" I muttered shaking my head.  I am not going to stay here forever waiting.

"Seivon..." Kaisa trailed off, "Well he might be discussing something with the teacher.... that is really important.  And Miracine is obviously using the restroom and you know how females are since you are one yourself." I blinked feeling slightly bad.

"I am sure it be alright.  Don't worry, Mel." Ashton put a hand on my shoulder.  I saw Kaisa looked at us when Ashton put his hand on my shoulder.  Was she... upset or maybe jealous?  Her eyes had a look of sadness or pity.

"We could just leave...There both going to take forever." Kaisa shrugged.  My mouth fell open, but I soon closed it.

"And you would know?"

"Hm?  Oh just with those two together yo never know what happen...They both be wondering and questioning the other way too much.  Kinda as if they met the other before.  But with them both together then..." Kaisa trailed off as if she was hinting at something.  It better not be the one thing I always am afraid of.

"You don't mean....."

"Oh yes I do." Kaisa grinned widely.  For the first time I noticed how sharp her teeth were.  They were like knives.  But that grin looked like she was thrilled with the situation.  Why....

"I don't really know her that much, but if it is actual real, then good for him." Ashton spoke up.  Of course he was okay with it.  He doesn't know.

"Why....Why you have to be like that?  You know already!"

"I am just stating the obvious, Mel...LAW-dee" She stressed the middle syllable when she said my name.

"Now he gonna say something to Sei...."I furrowed my eyebrows.  What am I going to do?

"No, there no reason for me to do that....And I kinda already knew." Ashton?  Ash-Ash...Knows?

"I have an excellent plan!" Kaisa raised her forefinger, "What if you pretend to date someone just so he notice you.  That always work!" I narrowed my eyes.  "Yeah..yeah and then he might get jealous or annoyed with that idea and then will rush off to you declaring his love for you."

"Uhuh....I don't know about this..."

"Yeah, yeah....And Ashton can pretend with you and that way it make him jealous.  Especially seeing its his close friend!" I stared at her.  Ashton?  I guess since we friends already it won't be like I don't know him, but....

"Kai....sa..," Ashton warned.  He shook his head looking uncomfortable as his face turn slightly pink.

"Umm...I don't want to do this.  Look its fine.  If they get together I am fine, because he is happy." Besides it will help me move on.

"Hey, I think it is going to rain." Ashton spoke up looking at his phone.  Suddenly, Kaisa got pale and started shaking.

"Actually, Mel...Yeah you are right.  They are taking awhile."  Pff now she wants them to hurry with how she finds out it is going to rain.  Why is she scared of a little bit of rain?

"Okay, I go see what's up." Kaisa frowned, looking like she was  protesting, but I left before she could stop me.

I turned around the corner to Seivon's classroom, but he wasn't there.  He wasn't inside as far as I could tell, as I peered through the widow.  There were no voices too.  Odd...Maybe he went to the back and went that way around.  I went outside to the back.  I heard voices...Okay?

Was that Seivon's?  It was his.  I got excited, running toward the voice, but that is when everything froze.  Seivon.....Was kissing the girl of violet hair.  But except she was in the water.  Why?

I just felt empty and so alone.  I wanted to break something, but I didn't.  And I didn't want to make them be aware of my presence.  I ran the opposite way and hurried up the stairs, until I was alone and away from their view.  I starred at them from the railing and noticed something different.

That girl....She wasn't human.  She was mermaid.  I had to get out of here before she sees me and tries to drown me.  As I scrabbled to get the door, I opened it right into someone's face.  It was an Asian girl with black hair and blue eyes.  I didn't know her and I was in too of a rush to care, so I left her be.

I finally made my way back.  When they approached me, I told them "I couldn't find them."

But sooner than later they both came separately....And it seemed neither was aware who the other was or at least he wasn't...

I have so many questions and I fear so many things.  Miracine was the first to come back.

"Took you long enough..." Ashton joked.  He was laughing and obviously kidding.  He didn't care, but me, on the other hand did.

"Yeah yeah yeah! A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do." She instantly came up with an excuse.  Wow, she is good.  Wait...I just complimented her...  I am not suppose to.  I want to hate her and I can't trust her.

Suddenly Seivon arrived and I was going to ask him to tell me the truth.

"So where did you really go?" I crossed her arms as I could not help, but admire Seivon.

"What do you mean? I talked with my teacher who had stupid reasons." I sighed, great he not saying anything.  It is such a lame excuse too.

"Now why don't we-" But Ashton's voice was interrupted with a loud boom in the sky.  It was loud like pow wow that it wanted to strike and electrify someone.  The gods of those books I read, must be angry.

"It's raining!" Kaisa jumped back and grabbed Miracine's arm.  She had fear in her eyes and was muttering something under her breath.  She was probably swearing, but I wasn't sure.

"Oh please, it is just a little rain. Why is your water phobia causing us to be late now?" I put my hand to my forehead and groaned. She cannot be serious.  I don't want to be late because of some silly thing like that.

"Actually, why don't you all go ahead and I'll stay back with Kaisa. I think I have some raincoats. Come with me, I'll go get them." Miracine pulled her arm towards her.  I looked at the two of them. 

Hmmm I wonder.  She and Kaisa were close and together ever since she got here.  Kaisa has a fear of water and...Could it be?  Could she be one too?

"Yeah, everyone go ahead. I'll use a raincoat. It will be fine." Kaisa agreed waving her arms at us.  We simply nodded okay as we headed to the play first.  I thought they would miss the play, but they made it on time.  They didn't miss any part of the magnificent acting that shows the wonderful story of Swan Lake.

Little did I know something else was going to happen to make my hypothesis be proven to be correct....