Birthdays

NEWT POV:

I started to head to bed. "Where are you going" asked Thomas. I climbed into bed. "I figured I can get some sleep before my birthday party" I said. I laid down and closed my eyes. "Okay, it's starts at 2" said Thomas. I was surpeised. "In the morning" I asked as I opened my eyes. "Ya, zombies don't sleep remember" said Thomas. "Oh, I just assumed it was the after noon. It can start at 2 I just don't think I will be awake for it" I said. "You don't have to" said Thomas. "Good" I said. I closed my eyes and Thomas kissed my head. "Good morning" he said. It's 12 in the morning so it is morning. "Morning" I said. Thomas turned the light off and left. I slept for a hour or so. Thomas turned the light on. He walked up to me and brushed my hair back. "It's time to get up Newt" said Thomas. "Give me five bloody minutes to wake up" I mumbled. I feel like I got no sleep. "We don't have time. Just get dressed and you can go back to sleep" said Thomas.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Thomas helped me change into some clothes. Which was a black tux and red tie. I mostly just laid down trying not to fall asleep as Thomas put my new clothes on. Thomas finished tying my shoes and picked me up. I held my oxygen box and Thomas carried me to the town hall. The town is really close with each other so when it's someone's birthday everyone celebrates. Which after being stuck with each other and not being able to leave town much unless you want to face the maze, cat bots, and being in the woods I see why. Personally I do find it a little weird but I'm just not use to all of it. Thomas carried me inside and laid me in a coffin. I opened my eyes and saw I was in the coffin. "Why am I in a coffin" I asked tiredly. "Well usually it's only done for babies and newborns but since you sleep and it's pretty early so we just decided to have you sleep in a coffin till you are awake" said Thomas. Well, I guess that works. "I'm going back to sleep" I said.

Thomas covered me up with a blanket and went to talk to the others. Honestly I think someone could mistake this as a awakening. If I didn't have a oxygen box. I laid in the front of the room and it was set up like a awakening. Only no one is sad. Or dead, I noticed a lot of weird things about the zombie town. I probably think they are weird because I spent so long as a human. I don't mind it though. I'm okay laying in a coffin as long as it doesn't close. I would be scared in a closed casket if I was alive. Could I breath if it was closed? I did roll over a few times but mostly slept. I think I slept for a good few hours. I opened my eyes and sat up. Thomas walked up to me. "Hey, you hungry" he asked. "Ya, what's for breakfast" I asked. "Come on" said Thomas. I took his hand and he helped me out of the coffin. People told me happy birthday and acted like we have been friends forever. Thomas and I got some breakfast and I met everyone as we ate. The party lasted till noon and yes I did get presents. Which was mostly money and coupons because not many people knew what to get.