Midnight Ice Cream Truck

THOMAS POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I was going to head back to bed when I heard something. A ice cream truck? I looked at the stove and saw it was only 12 in the morning. I have to say I am curious. Plus it's a ice cream truck. I doubt anything bad will happen. Like I'm going to be scared of a shucking ice cream truck. They can't kill you unless you're allergic. I guess a snack won't hurt but is it just a technology error or did someone steal it? I went outside and looked around. No one else was up. I started running threw town and followed the sound. Did I mention how stupid this is? It could be a kidnapper. But why at midnight? I ran till I saw the truck. It pulled onto the street and I stopped running. The truck drove up to me. I watched it come closer. It looks, weird. It's all spooky. The truck stopped when it reached me. I noticed the menu. Halloween themed ice cream. Along with the cones and sprinkles. "Hey" said a boy.

I jumped and looked at the boy inside the truck. Well, he doesn't look dangerous. He actually looks cute. "See anything you like" asked the boy. I noticed his name tag said Newt. "I don't have any money with me" I said. Newt chuckled and put his hands on the counter. "So you bloody follow a ice cream truck when you have no money" asked Newt. "Well yes but I was curious what you were doing selling ice cream at midnight" I said. "Mac Donalds does. They have mcflurries or whatever" said Newt. "They also have fattening food with empty calories, dangerous coffee, and I never heard of a ice cream truck being up this late" I said. "I like to work when I know there isn't any competition" said Newt. He looked at his pocket watch. Newt put it away. "Look, I'm on a schedule so if you like I can give you some ice cream but you'll have to work off the debt" said Newt. "How" I asked. Newt is cute but I don't want to do anything like be a sex slave. That isn't fun. "Help me serve ice cream" said Newt. I thought about it.

I won't even have to do anything. "Okay" I said. Newt let me in the truck and closed the door. I have finally been inside a ice cream truck. "So, what do you want" asked Newt. "Do you have coffee cookies and cream" I asked. "Yep" said Newt. He started to get the ice cream. I looked around the truck. Newt must like Halloween decor. "Here" said Newt. "Thanks" I said turning to Newt. I took the ice cream and sat down. It was in a bowl. I took a bite of the ice cream. It was amazing. I took the spoon out of my mouth and swallowed the dessert. I froze and turned to ice. I was still alive just frozen. I couldn't breath. I was scared out of my mind but my heart isn't beating. Newt took the ice cream and spoon from me. He put it back in the freezer. Newt picked me up and laid me on the couch. I can't scream or move. Newt sat on the couch. "The truth is Thomas. This isn't a normal ice cream truck. I have watched over you since you were little. Ever since you ordered that fudge bar" said Newt.

It then hit me. I was with some friends and our parents at a park. We saw a ice cream truck pull up and all ran over and begged our parents for ice cream. Newt was driving the truck but it looked like a normal ice cream truck. I remember I asked for coffee cookies and cream and I said that it was my favorite. Newt said that he was sorry but he didn't have that flavor. I was sad but I went with the fudge bar instead. The second best. Newt promised me that he would one day have my favorite flavor. I was surprised. Newt hasn't aged a bit. I could see the hurt in his eyes. He hated how he had to do this. Newt signed and licked my cheek. "I know you don't understand Thomas, but you will one day. I do love you and I'm sorry I had to freeze you to turn you into a zombie. But I promise you will be okay" said Newt. He kissed my fore head and stood up. Newt grabbed a blanket and laid it on top of me. Newt laid his jacket over the blanket. "Please forgive me Thomas, and I swear that I will never bloody do anything like this again" said Newt. I'm not mad. I mean I am a bit but part of me isn't. Newt was probably lonely and looking for a friend. Plus I didn't have much of a life anyway. Newt got up and went to the driver seat. He started the truck and drove off. I melted enough to close my eyes. I fell asleep to the music of the truck.