Chipped

NEWT POV:

I was having the perfect day with Thomas. "So, what's the occasion" I asked. "What" asked Thomas. I chuckled. "I'm not stupid Tommy. I know that there is some reason behind this perfect day that you planned" I said. Thomas said nothing and sipped his milkshake. "Um" said Thomas. "It's okay Tommy. You can tell me" I said. "Later, we have a hour left" said Thomas. We finished the milkshakes and spent the rest of the hour together. I feel like Thomas is trying to distract me. We later went to the hospital. I was a little confused. Thomas didn't say why we are here. We entered a room and I was told to sit in the chair. I did and Thomas sat by me. "It will be okay" said Thomas. The doctors explained how they will put a ID chip in the back of my neck. It's part of being a citizen in the zombie town. All the zombies have one. I did have a few simple questions and concerns but the doctors promised everything will be okay. The doctors placed a mask over my nose and I started breathing in a gas.

I was put to sleep for the surgery. Thomas held my hand and told me it will be okay. I woke up on the bed and a small stitching on the back of my neck. Thomas picked me up. I was a little surprised. "It's okay Newt, I'm just taking you home" said Thomas. We made it home and Thomas laid me on the couch. He snuggled with me. "How does your mouth feel" asked Thomas. "Okay" I mumbled. I'm not sure Thomas heard me. "Does your neck hurt at all" asked Thomas. "No, I just feel tired" I mumbled. I snuggled with Thomas on the couch. Thomas held me in his arms and covered us up with a blanket. I could hear his heart beat as we cuddled. It's relaxing to listen to. I closed my eyes and laid my head on his chest. Thomas cuddled with me as he read a book. I was too tired to see what he is reading.

Thomas later had me take some pain killer so my neck won't hurt, and he gave me a ice pack to keep any swelling down. If any forms at all. Luckily it didn't so I'll be okay. I mostly just slept. I opened my eyes and rubbed them. "How do you feel Newt" asked Thomas. "Good, but didn't you tell me that was today" I said. "I know I should of, I just wasn't sure how you would react since humans see it as bad but have no problem doing it to animals" said Thomas. He's not wrong. "Well, at least you were there to comfort me" I said. Thomas kissed my forehead. "I always will be" said Thomas. "Good that, so how long till I'm healed" I asked. "A few days" said Thomas. "Oh" I said. "Do you want to eat anything" asked Thomas. "Ya, I'm getting kinda hungry" I said. "I'll make a sandwhich quick" said Thomas. He made me a quick sandwhich just the way I like it. Thomas knows me so well. After a small sandwhich we sat and watched some movies together. There was a new "romance" movie that wasn't romance at all. It was about these siblings who abuse each other, rape each other, date each other, cheating, fighting like punching and kicking in the less violent fights. It was just garbage. We got half way ish before watching something better. Also who ever thinks that a lot of romance movies is romance should be fired. A lot of them are abusive as hell. I feel actual physical pain watching them.