Chapter 21

It's only been... what was the count again?

Oh yeah, it's only been a few days since I had barely spoken to anyone. Do I care for it? Why would I care for it, if they can't even bare a single second of thinking about me.

If they really cared that much, they would've came in my apartment by now. And then what would they do? Try to use words to make me feel better?

The only words I choose to listen are from my superior upper rank class. Anyone above a rank of Sergeant, gets a salute from me. They put more service, they have more leadership and have more responsibilities than me. They are the true heroes.

Once I had finally realize.

Days of staying inside my apartment, weeks of living in Chiba, and years of service.

What was it that I was fighting for? To protect lives? To save lives? I already failed that task.

So why am I still here?

I should've been the one to die instead of my fellow marines. I don't deserve the medals I supposedly earned.

Knock!
Knock!

Who could it be at that front door that would want to talk to me? Aren't they scared?

[ Yukino's POV ]

Things have been chaotic, for the most time being.

It was definitely super awkward when we were all inside Yui's house.

One of the rarest moments were Hikigaya-kun was truly angry. The way Komachi-san spoke towards him, and even cried from being yelled at for the first time by her older brother.

And then he brought up my sibling problem with Nee-san, something he would never do.

And where did this all started from?

The fact Komachi-san has a boyfriend, and Hikigaya-kun was overly protective when it comes to boyfriend. Would it be extremely rude for me to wish Komachi-san never had a boyfriend, so Hikigaya-kun wouldn't have been like this? That would cost her happiness, for return, Hikigaya-kun's normal attitude.

Or would it be more rude to Komachi-san to achieve happiness, in return, Hikigaya-kun would be put in a furious mood and cause some embarrassing and awkward moments.

The answer is yet to be chosen.

But for now, it is best for someone who is in rage right now, to be left alone. I don't know how long because the level of anger can be random.

By random, I mean he could still be extremely angry till this day, or he has already calmed down and is waiting for someone to talk to him.

And after weeks of interacting with him.

He's changed.

Not his personality or appearance.

He seems to be in a... common mood.

There is something affecting his mental health, his life, his relationships with other people.

I couldn't get the name.

But I sure hope I am able to find out before it is too late.

For now, I had to attend somewhere.

It wasn't my mother who asked me to attend, it was my own father. His 3rd election speech will be Chiba, his hometown.

For the first time, I don't have to wear an expensive fancy dress that reveals most of my body than regular clothes. You could imagine how many looks I get as a matured and beautiful woman.