Chapter 32

So I unconsciously proposed to Yukino.

I don't know how it happened. But I guess we both had agreed about it.

In order to keep her father from bugging us about marrying each other. It also gives us more trust in each other. I recall my time thinking she was cheating on me but that was all a lie for her to psychologically torture me.

And it also benefits me so that it would be a shrapnel to the face for Yukino's mother, who was strongly against us being married.

She did her best to break us apart by listing a bunch of men who are richer and more handsome than me.

And I secretly hated people who were handsome and rich. Except Yukino.

After listing 5 men, their background, and their networth, I got practically tired with it.

"Listen, I'm going to marry Yukino no matter what. We both are 100% committed into this relationship. I don't care if you don't give us money. I'll support her with my own."

A few weeks more had passed, and now we confronted Yukino's mother about our engagement.

I sat next to Yukino on a couch.

While her mother was in front of us, sitting on a different couch. A table was between us, which shields her from getting punched in the face.

"Are you sure that you are worth Yukino's time? I mean, someone who isn't particularly handsome, an average paid man, and someone who has blood on their hands. Are you sure she isn't afraid of you?"

Now she brings up my job as a soldier.

"You're forgetting one thing. It's the old men who sends us orders. I'm a soldier. I take orders, I get the job done so everyone can sleep a peaceful night. You seem to be forgetting the fact I am the man who saved your daughter's life. I'm not gonna use that advantage to convince you that I should marry her, I just want to let you know."

"That is enough, Hachiman. I'll talk to my mother about this."

Guess it was her turn to try to convince her mother.

"Mother, please accept this. I love Hachiman very much. While he isn't that wealthy, and sometimes his eyes scare me from time to time, that is one of the things I love about him. Will you accept the fact that Hachiman will become my husband or not?"

"Yukino, there are plenty of men like him, minus being a soldier. I'm not going to acknowledge this unless you listen to your mother for once."

Yukino began to sigh deeply and stood up.

"Let's go, Hachiman. This was a complete waste of time."

I said nothing and follow Yukino to the front door.

But I want to leave with a parting gift.

"You may hate me, or even want to kill me. And I don't even blame you. But guess what, Ms. Yukinoshita? I fucked your daughter. Deal with it!"

She saw only my middle finger and I left to head to our car immediately.

Let's just say that I embraced the western culture and took the initiative. Even though my teammates assume I don't listen to them because I would usually not talk a lot, but I listen to them all the time.

The way they talked, I studied it.

America.

I didn't have the keys to the car so I had to wait for Yukino to catch up. And all I saw was a crimson shade across her face and cheeks.