Chapter 9

A week has passed before graduation, I have only 1 person left to heal our relationship back into one piece.

Yukinoshita.

[ Flashback ]

During Wednesday, I decided to come up with a plan to heal my relationship with Yuigahama. It is extremely risky because I don't know how she will respond to it.

But I will let all you know that it will take place when I ask her if I can walk her home.

Not that I am in love with her or anything. It's the perfect situation and it's in private.

Ring!

And so the bell that has told everyone in the building that school has ended, I peered towards Yuigahama who was walking up to her friends at the time.

If she decides to hang out with Ebina and Miura, the plan will 100% be unable to operate at any safe levels. Simply put it, mission failed.

10 seconds later, they left without her.

Great start indeed.

As she watched her friends leave, I could see her stare at me for a couple more seconds.

"Yuigahama."

Me calling her name seemed to startle and surprise her.

"Y-Yes, Hikki?"

I could tell she was both mentally and physically unprepared to talk to me. It is indeed awkward to talk together after what has happened between the Service Club.

But in order to leave Chiba, I must clean and heal the wounds I have purposely committed.

"Wanna walk to your house?"

Her face was even more bewildered, a hint of red color rising more and more on her cheeks.

"Wh-What is with that statement? This has never occur before, so why now, of all times?"

"I need to talk to you about something in private. Talking to you in school property isn't the safest option. You don't want any gossips or rumors."

As soon as I said the last sentence, she quickly got the wrong idea.

"Hikki, I-I think it's too soon and too sudden for you to-"

"It's about my enlistment to the USMC (United States Marine Corps). Nothing else."

Her small delightful expressions regressed slowly and was replaced with a frown.

"Sure.. I guess so."

...

Wednesday is when there is no club for after school. High schools are very busy with homework and work so we get a time off.

"What did you want to talk about your enlistment? Are you having second thoughts or anything?"

"I signed up with no hesitation. I am dead serious about the military. And I just... I just want you to understand that I am left with this only choice."

Yuigahama tends to suggest impossible solutions whenever a problem occurs.

And a problem had occurred.

She learned her friend that she really cared about is signing up to the military and might possibly die in combat. And so she finds the most unrealistic solution to that problem.

"But you could find a different job. Me and Yukinon will help you."

You see what I mean?

My first step to the plan is to make her know that it is confirmed that I will be gone from Chiba. And then make her more comfortable with it. But that doesn't guarantee that it will work.