Chapter 10

Yesterday was the worst day in the entirety of my life. Each second that had passed, I grew more speechless as I witnessed everything.

Hikigaya-kun wasn't him during that time. It was unlike him to vent his anger towards anyone. I was usually confident that I could take him down.

But yesterday, he proved that he would've done it long ago if he wanted to.

This morning, I woke up on my bed as usual.

And it was the morning routine.. to look at that photo

The photo that Hayama-kun mentioned yesterday.

I reached deep underneath my pillow and grab it to show it to my own eyes.

That photo was me and Hikigaya-kun, together, riding on a rollercoaster or some sort.

It holds so much raw emotion and energy, even I need to suppress it by putting a pillow beneath it. Nee-san must've seen it and showed it to Hayama-kun. She always causes problems in my life and this time, it put a traumatic event to take place without her knowledge.

But I was also part of the reason why Hikigaya-kun was punched in the face.

After being told that he was going to enlist in the military.

[ Flashback ]

I hear the doorbell to my apartment ring.

"Yahallo, Yukino! It's your older sister again and I came visit you!"

I would be annoyed by her sudden greetings but today was just not the day to feel that. So I opened the door for her as calm as I shouldn't normally be.

"That's strange? Where is your obvious annoyed look and your distressed greeting?"

"Probably forgot to do that. What is it that you need?"

I simply asked, wanting it to be done and over with.

"Yukino, if something is wrong, you can always tell your older sister."

She seemed to show a genuine concern about my current state. I'm surprised she even took the time to ask and care about me.

"It's none of your concerns right now. Just tell me what you need?"

"Mother wants you to inform her what university you're going to enroll in. As long as it is near or inside Chiba, she is okay with it."

Mother has already told me to only take universities near or inside the location of Chiba. And I also agreed with that statement, only because Yuigahama-san would still be in Chiba for the future.

My mother had entirely different reasons such as wanting me to attend to future parties and helping her with personal stuff about the company.

"Chiba University. They instantly accepted me minutes later after I sent them my email."

Being the daughter of a rich company owner has its benefits, but I didn't use those advantages. I only used my pure and sheer hard work I put into Soubu High School.

"Great."

She seemed happy about the university I enrolled in.

Was it done now? Can she leave?

"Now tell me what is bugging you? What seems to make you become depressed all of sudden?"