Epilogue

"Alright, mom and dad. I have to go somewhere else. I'll be back later tonight."

I gave my 16 year old daughter a very concerned and worried look.

"Where are you going? You better come back home at 4pm. And bring Delta with you just in case."

"Delta can stay home. That's an unreasonable time. Curfew is actually 8-9 for most family. Why is it 4 for you?"

"Because there are lots of dangerous people in Chiba. And if your father isn't here to protect you, then who will? Only Delta. He knows where to bite to go for the kill."

No one will ever touch my daughter. And no one will ever be allowed to be in a relationship with my daughter. That is factual and you know it.

"Don't make Delta kill him!"

Wait, who was this 'him' guy that my sweet Yuki was talking about?

"Relax, honey. Yuki's boyfriend will try to do his best to protect her. Though I'm confident he lacks the basic physical strength of a male."

My wife, Yukino, said something unimaginable. This situation was only a DEFCON-3. But now, we've reach DEFCON-1.

A random fragile man had claimed my daughter's heart. And will break her heart eventually. I must do everything to protect her from what happened to Komachi.

"Yuki's what?! I was never informed of this. Honey, get my AR-15 ready. We're going to see if a boyfriend could stop 3 5.56mm bullets in the chest."

I only received a cold glare from my sweet daughter and my wife ignoring me, sipping her tea.

"Dad! Quit being a crazy unstable veteran dad for once and be a logical and understandable father for once. He's shy. I know he's not gonna make a move on me. U-Unless I have to do it."

Great.

Now she's starting to remind me of Yukino when we were 22 years old and new to a lover and lover relationship.

"A-And besides! The crime rates are low in Chiba. You shouldn't have to worry about me."

"But they aren't zero."

"Dad, you're 39 years old. You should have been matured when you were 18."

"Yuki, don't talk to your father like that. Use more simple words. His brain regresses to a baby level now."

"Why are you 2 angry about the way I do things to protect you both. Forget this. I'm going to bed. See if I care if something major happens."

I stormed off the living room and into my room.

[ Yukino's POV ]

We both see Hachiman storm off and into our room. Delta follows him from behind.

Slam!

The door slamming signifies that he was understandably angry and hurt.

"Honestly, mom. How do you deal with my father? I'm surprised you guys haven't divorced yet."

"Yuki, that's very rude to say to both me and your father. We went through tons of hardship but we manage to stay together and if we split off. You would have been a fatherless daughter. I honestly don't know what I would do without your father. And your father wouldn't know what to do without me. We both take care of each other."

"Mom, you never told me how dad actually lost half of his left leg. Actually. You both never told me anything about your married life when I was a child. And how my grandma suddenly disappeared."