Chapter 39

A few weeks had passed.

Yukino kept disappearing the whole day every weekend. But every weekday, she is also somewhere else in order to help her clients. She gets really stressed out when she goes to court.

I was told that sometimes lawyers see innocent clients be convinced with a felony and it must affect them a mental level. Should I ask her if she is okay?

"Woof! Woof!"

My thoughts were interrupted by a great friend of mine.

"Are you hungry, Delta?"

He naturally goes to his eating area which is always the kitchen where there is a bowl where he gets food, and a bowl of clean water.

"What about you, Yuki?"

She had been watching TV for the past few hours. I think it's not good for children to be staring at screens all day long. It's also time for her to take a break and eat.

"Sure. Can you make those scrambled eggs?"

Oh yeah, in the span of those few weeks. I've really bonded with my daughter for once. She even likes a food of mine. When your child loves to eat your cooking, your life is practically complete. Until he or she gets tired of it. And then you need to find a new recipe.

And for some reason, she likes scrambled eggs. I only make it for quick meals. It's a win-win scenario once more.

As I begun cooking scramble eggs for my daughter, and giving Delta his cooked steak, I've began to realize something that I haven't actually acknowledged from time to time.

I look like a househusband.

I'm a husband, in a house, providing food for my child and my best friend. My best friend being Delta, of course.

Actually, I am a part-time househusband. Wow, does that even make sense? I'm also a soldier. Do I think that I look badass?

No, I think I just look like someone who is ready to do his job. This began to remind me of the combat footage videos I uploaded to YouTube. The comments commenting that I was a badass for staying calm and precise, making proper leadership while surviving the impossible.

Everything is possible, it's just a low probability. Like a fighter jet evading 6 SAM missiles. Practically meaning escaping death 6 times in a row.

"All done, eat up, Yuki."

I hear her footsteps coming as fast as possible as she grabs her fork, dining on her favorite food. It's weird that she doesn't like expensive meals and only average meals.

Wait until she taste ramen. Cheap food, but gets the job done and efficiently.

Even my wife was surprised at how ramen tasted. She hasn't tasted ramen until she was 20. Then again, she was a rich girl who only ate lobster meals or something like that.

"Is it good?"

I asked.

"Yup! Super good!"

I could have a heart attack every second I wait for her answer every time I ask her that question. If I become a grandpa, I might even suffer a stroke from it.

Speaking about becoming a grandpa.

What will I do if I become a retired veteran who is 60+ years old. Would I tell my grandchildren all my stories during Afghanistan and Iraq?

The problem of becoming old isn't because your skin will be wrinkly and you will die soon.

The actual problem of becoming old is having so many stories to tell, you can't tell them all before you die of old age.