Chapter 36

"Mommy! I hungry!"

Fast forward 2 more years later.

Yuki had turned 3 years old a couple days ago. It's amazing what she has become, compared to when she was only a newborn, introduced to the world.

Could you also believe I was like this once? And Nee-san took care of me. I'm practically her now, except it's my own daughter that I'm watching, not a younger sibling.

There were so many amazing achievements that Yuki accomplished over these past 2 years. She started to walk months later after she turned 1 year old. At 2 years old, she could say only a few words but it shows that she is a brilliant learner. She notices things that we think she doesn't.

And now at 3 years old, she's more fluent but lacks proper grammar. She can walk with no difficulty, she can eat solid food, she can learn more new things. There's just so many more to list that I can't remember.

And the only thing great that happened to me.

I'm 26 years old now. I graduated law school early.

That is all to it....

"Hachiman, could you please give your daughter some eggs? I'm too busy to cook right now. I'll cook dinner later."

Good news, my husband made it back.

But he looks... different.

The day after he came back home, he would just sit there on the couch all day, staring at the TV or at the window. When I tell him to do stuff like mowing the lawn, he does it so silently, sometimes I don't even know that he's finished with his outdoors chores.

Suddenly, something was going between my legs as I was sitting on the chair, taking care of my client's paperwork that I have to deal with.

"Hachiman, get your dog away from me!"

Some bad news, he got a dog...

A German Shepherd. One of those police dogs that are bred to serve. If there isn't anything I didn't know, it would be that dogs also fight in war caused by humans, not just young men.

[ A Couple Months Ago ]

"You're back!"

I hugged him tightly and firmly, giving him multiple kisses to the cheeks and lips. Yuki was clueless to see who it was. She was about to turn 3 at the time.

And coincidentally, Hachiman came back right before Yuki's birthday celebration.

"I miss you so much."

He said nothing but just hugged me tighter, which was more than enough to tell me he loves me and missed me.

"Hachiman, something is touching my legs! Is that your-"

I then heard a dog barking.

I stumbled back a few feet from the monstrous being that was on all fours, next time my husband. My husband could be in danger without realizing.

...

Everything was settled.

"His name is Delta Hikigaya."

He even gave his dog his family name. Which expresses how much my husband loved him, and cherished him.

Apparently, the dog was Hachiman's partner during his time in war. The dog saved him multiple times, smelled multiple 'IEDs' that could've killed him.

I guess it was worth keeping the dog in the house.

The dog was also a service dog. He helps Hachiman with his PTSD. I asked him how it works.