Chapter 43

A few days had passed since Hachiman's passing.

A lot of things happened in those few days. And all of it, were extremely significant to the point it could change me and Yuki's lives at one point.

Komachi and her parents were the first to be informed by the police. I do not know anything else. And I understand if they want to hide their pain.

Yui cried, we cried together. She wished the very best for me.

Isshiki could only respond with a hug with tears coming out of her eyes.

Nee-san was shock nonetheless. I saw a tear come out of her eye before she had to go back to work.

Mother sent her condolences and that was that.

Yuki... Yuki was having a hard time taking it in. She didn't want to eat. She didn't want to come out of her room and not want to go to school. And yet the dog was always by her side to comfort her.

The biggest reaction to Hachiman's passing... was my father.

He saw the footage of how Hachiman was killed. He was in pure rage and anger. He ranted about how they would kill an off-duty soldier like that. Especially one that is married to his youngest daughter.

This was kept away from media so nobody would panic that there were a large group of terrorist living in Japan.

It was in world wide news that my father sent 8 missiles in Afghanistan for unknown reasons.

Only few government officials knew such as the US President and the UK Prime Minister.

'8 minutes it took for him to be killed by them. And 8 missiles I sent towards the terrorist for slowly making him suffer for 8 minutes.'

My father said in a private meeting in the UN meeting.

I feared that my father would've done something that my husband didn't want.

To send troops to fight for a war that had no reason to fight with.

Knock! Knock!

There was a knock on my door.

As soon as I opened it, I was greeted by a man wearing an expensive suit and behind him, was a Blue Bugatti Chiron.

"Good evening, Ms. Yukinoshita. You are an extremely beautiful woman that has been stained with a broken heart. How would you like it if we heal that broken heart together?"

"It's Ms. Hikigaya. And no. I do not want to marry someone who I just met."

I slammed the door in front of him and went back to sitting on the couch that Hachiman used to lay on everyday.

Another thing that I forgot to say.

I'm a widow now.

My mother told every rich family she knew about my husband's death and how I am single again. My father yelled at her for that. And my mother apologized, but the damage was already done.

Suitors would go up to my house on a daily basis and ask to marry me.

Those rich men with no personality do not deserve my affection, yet even my acknowledgment that they exist.

It was only Hikigaya Hachiman that was able to make me feel like this. Feel like something genuine. Even though there were times where we hid secrets. Something about him just makes me look up to him. Even though I'm not used to the idea of looking up to him.

He held so many responsibilities. He was doing something better than I do. He saved lives. He was responsible for the lives of many men.

I was only responsible for the life of only 1 person. And that person didn't even matter. As long as I would get paid, it didn't matter.