Chapter 24

Early release because I can and I will

_______________________________________
I had ran out of ammunition for both the AK-47 and my G19.

There was no choice but to engage in close quarter combat. But there had to be a way to not be a dumbass and run straight towards them like they do most of the time.

Maybe I could throw things at them?

But there is 4 of them and they look like they have more ammunition than I can predict. Right now, they are still suppressing me and pinning me down with multiple gunfire.

The metal table might worn out soon if I don't act fast.

I looked for certain types of sharp objects I can get my hands on.

Only thing I could find were large shards of glass. They were probably broken from the bullets that went through them.

I grabbed a few of them and wait for my chance to strike.

Using my ears, I waited for the sound of a gun being reloaded with a new magazine.

Ka-click!

I throw one towards where I could see them. They were right in the open because of the fire superiority they displayed. It was their own mistake to act brazenly cocky.

I got 1 down, 3 to go.

Now I had to think of a new strategy. The old one will not work anymore and I'll get myself killed.

Hmm.. This metal table is protecting me from their bullets. What if I could move that metal table?

I had a bright idea to push the metal table towards the Taliban. It provides me cover and the chance to kill them.

I begin to push the metal table as fast as I could, surprising the 3 remaining terrorists.

Whilst pushing it, I saw an open spot and opportunity of one of them. I carried a few more large shards of glass just incase. And so I threw it and successfully land a hit, wounding them.

Too bad it also made me open.

All I had to pray for now, is that their aim is worse than an ape with an AK.

Ratatatatatatatatata!

I run towards them with the minimum cover I could get. I felt multiple bullets passing through me, my phone had just been shot, I must've gotten an artery spewing blood, and my hands might possibly get shot off.

But I kept fighting through it.

Because marines fight until they breathe their last breath.

...

"Onii-chan, are you alright? Do you feel any pain at all?"

I woke up the day after.

I had recently had a conversation with Yukinoshita. None that I had no comment about.

All I think is that she doesn't know that it is my job to risk my life for others. She doesn't know how it was like to be there. She doesn't know anything about me. She only knows the high school version of me, not the adult version.

And I don't know anything about her and I like to keep it that way.

After she left, she notified me that Komachi was coming to visit. I just hope my parents don't show up and see their son they haven't seen in 4 years to be in a hospital.