Chapter 44

Me cry while writing this chapter 😢😭

_____________________________

"That should fix the oil leaking. Is that all I need to do, Yukino?"

My husband asked me.

His clothes were stained with dust and dirt from going under our family car. I told him that the oil was leaking and he should get it fix in an autoshop.

But he suggested that he would do it.

It's free, I guess.

But I was more concerned about the tool he used to lift up the car. I was scared that it might crush him.

"You're lucky to be alive. You were almost crushed by our car."

I took a second to calm down from what could have happened.

"Do you not trust your own husband with his profession?"

He seemed hurt.

"I don't trust those tools you used to lift the car. How are you even sure that they could lift it. And how do you have the guts to go under something that could potentially get you hurt or killed?"

I pointed at the 4 tools he used to lift up the car so he could get under it to change the oil filter.

"You mean the jack stands? Of course, I trust them. They can lift up to 2 tons. Though I don't trust them when they are lifting 5 tons."

Oh?

Maybe he can finally get a job as an autoshop worker.

"How do you even know all this stuff?"

"Just because I go to the military, doesn't mean I only know about guns and strategic battles. I learned how to fix armored vehicles, tanks, and such. It costs a lot of money. But it would cost less if you are able to fix it."

"It seems your brain has some use, and your body."

I covered my smirk with my hands, looking away to see his reaction.

"Are one of the uses being your husband? I recall you mentioning about how good looking my body is."

"Shut up! Shut up! I never said any of that. It was all a lie."

I refused, pouted, and shook my head to make him believe my words more.

But it was futile.

"How do I look right now? Your husband just got done with fixing a car? Isn't that masculinity at it's finest?"

I couldn't resist at this point. There were ups and downs about marrying this man. And right now, the ups are dominating the downs.

"Show me your masculinity tonight, and I'll give you an answer tomorrow morning."

I go back to the house, leaving him shocked and awestruck at my sudden boldness. He asked for it. He cannot complain about it.

There are many men that want to be with me.

It's just that Hachiman was the first and will be the only one.

"I recorded that!"

I run back to the garage to chase after him.

[ Hours Later.. ]

"Daddy, can you make scramble eggs for me?"

What did I just hear? My own daughter, Yuki, is asking for a plain average breakfast from my husband? This has taken a strange turn.

"Sure."