Chapter 12

How long has it been since the rotten Hikigaya-kun has left his hometown called Chiba? 3 weeks now. They say that it takes 12-13 weeks to train the recruits.

And counting that the distance between both of us is thousands of miles. The letters should be coming sooner or later.

After graduating from Soubu High School, I decided to take a week rest from everything that involved school. I spent some time in my apartment, had some time with Yuigahama-san. And having a week rest of not having to think about school gives you unlimited freedom.

Some students say, 'School is prison'.

I don't see a prison providing free education. I don't see a prison providing only 1 certain type of food that looks like sludge. And I don't know any type of prison that would let you go home and sleep in your own room.

The only thing that is in common with prison and school, is the socializing.

So don't compare school to prison ever again.

After having a week rest, I attended Chiba University. I decided I was going to become a lawyer and take law school classes. I need a Juris Doctor if I want to become one. Coincidentally, they were in the subjects as soon as I applied for the university. My parents must've done that for me.

I know I have repeated this but my mother wants me to attend to a university close or inside Chiba. In the future, I will have to force several professional parties.

Nee-san is still doing that but I'm going to replace her so that she can also work as a lawyer.

Law school is challenging... but I will overcome this trial that is put upon me.

Ding!

Someone had rung the doorbell to my apartment.

Most likely family or Yuigahama-san.

I casually walk towards the front door, unlocking it and then open it.

"Mail for Yukinoshita Yukino."

Someone had given me something? I don't remember anything about buying or sending letters. But I do recall asking someone 3 weeks ago to send letters.

"Thank you."

I take the letters from the mailman's hands, closing the door and locking it.

For a moment, I felt extremely excited to read the letters that Hikigaya-kun has written. Should I make a bet if he would exaggerate how hard his physical training is? Or maybe he possibly misses one of us?

I had to calm my girly side and open the mail.

It was only 1 page of letter which I was pretty disappointed, but even then, I couldn't help but show a small smile knowing he took the time to write this.

First week of training... Exhausting.

Also, how were you able to write your address and put the picture inside my pocket without me noticing? Are you a ninja? Has your self defense karate lessons also been teaching you how to be a ninja? I wouldn't be surprised, just don't use it on me again.

That will be a secret only kept to my brain.

Even though I took 1 month to practice waking up early, I still get extremely tired. Maybe it's because of the environment that I am living in. At home, I was fairly comfortable. But in boot camp, a lot of things are happening. It also turns out I may have not needed to work out my body for a whole month. Because in the end, we will all have similar stats. Also, I am mortally scared of my drill sergeants. Apparent it is called 'shark attacks", you do something wrong, you are ambushed by 3-4 of them and you have to do PT.