Chapter 7

"Onii-chan, why are you up awake so early in the morning? It's really creepy to see you sitting on the couch. And why do you look so sweaty."

After hours of viciously training my body in the earliest I've ever woke, not counting the times I woke up early because I was a baby, I achieved what I wanted.

I passed the first day of training. But that doesn't mean I have passed the requirements to enter the US Marine Corps. I still have a long time before that.

I will have to complete more days and days of training my body to reach my goal.

This was the first time I was so motivated. Before I was being bullied in elementary, I always wanted to grow up to be a salesman. But as years go by, that dream slowly died down like a fresh cheese turning into plastic cheese.

A fresh young mind, slowly decayed and turned into a victim of hate and suffering.

"I couldn't sleep."

3 words should be enough to convince her, perhaps?

"That doesn't explain the sweat I see on your skin."

And she beat me to it.

"I tried to go to sleep but I thought I kept hearing weird noises."

"Oh so you got scared of something? That explains it. Get ready for school and don't fall asleep. It would be embarrassing for the school to call their student's younger sister to discipline her older brother."

Taking a sigh of relief that she bought it, I stood up and went to my room to get ready for school.

...

"Why are you slower than usual, Onii-chan? You're never this slow unless you letting me win on purpose. If so, that doesn't satisfy me one bit. Hurry up!"

My body didn't have 48 hours of rest yet so it's still completely tired from it's previous workout.

Note to self - Must improve on stamina by 2 times.

My cardiovascular system needs more training and practice. Jogging or running burns mostly fat inside my body and increases my stamina.

If I run too much, I risk burning my muscles as well. Yes that is a thing, I looked it up online.

"Coming."

If I used my current speed to get to school, I think I would've been a few minutes late. Maybe I should hire Komachi as my motivator.

But that's only a suggestion for now. I'll keep it in mind though.

We both got to school on time, Komachi sadly parted ways from me once again without saying goodbye. But for the first time, I didn't care about it.

It's weird of me to not care about my little sister not saying goodbye to me when she's going to be out of my sight for more than 7 hours.

Maybe it's because I'm too tired to feel any emotion at the moment. I'll let it subside.

Like any other school day, I am introduced with Yuigahama walking up right next to me.

"Yahallo, Hikki."

"Good morning."

Her cheery face now filled with shock and terror.

"What the? That's super creepy! You're not Hikki! The real Hikki wouldn't even dare say a greeting with 2 words!"

That's rude and even more creepy. Why have you been keeping tabs on how I greet people? Unless I'm being secretly recorded by a camera crew about documenting the lives of a high school male loner made by Yukinoshita, I find it hard to believe that Yuigahama pays attention to me at all.