Chapter 6

Yuigahama-san successfully pulled me away from Hikigaya-kun. I did promise him that I was going to help him with his career opportunities. But he insisted that he will do it by himself for the time being.

I've tried everything in my ability to help him.

It was hard convincing mother that I was hanging out with Yuigahama-san. She feared that I wasn't paying attention to the real world and now she set this whole job fair up.

You could say, task failed successfully.

I have failed Hikigaya-kun once again and my mother is starting to get suspicious, but that opened up to even more capabilities and opportunities for him.

Hikigaya-kun is in a different world that is barely the same as mine.

He's turning into an adult. He's practically 18 now. And his father is threatening to kick him out if he doesn't find a job after graduation.

Just imagine the peer pressure as each second, each minute, each hour each day, and each week passes.

It would be satisfying to see him as an unemployed homeless man but there are times where it gets too personal. And he has helped me more than I can owe so I'll help him for the first time and see how I do.

"Yuigahama-san, where are we going?"

I asked.

She kept pulling my hand towards an unknown location that I am not aware of.

"I want you to enjoy exploring this school event with me. I already know which career that I'm going to take. And you already have a career that you're gonna take, correct?"

I begin to nod.

"Yes, I'm going to university to study as a lawyer or maybe a veterinarian."

A veterinarian that only works specifically on cats? I wish that were the case so it's one of my possible career choices.m

"See? And I'm gonna become an actor or a voice actor."

Wow, never thought she would work as one. She can play one of those main girls in American high school movies. The main girl that is in love with the most popular boy that plays sports and is the captain of the sports team.

"That's interesting. Since when did you decide to become an actor in the future?"

"Uhh... I was watching a very sad romance story about a love triangle. And their acting made me cry. And now I'm inspired to play an actor that is involved with romance a lot."

'Of course..'

Is what Hikigaya-kun and I would say.

"Hello, my 2 favorite friends in the whole wide world."

A 2nd year female arrives at the scene. And who would that be?

"Oh? Iroha-chan, Yahallo!"

Hugging each other, invading each other's personal space.

I've never thought why hugging would heal anyone or make anyone happy. Though maybe I should try it with one of my Pan-san plushies.

Wait, haven't I already have?

"Isn't the job fair that I organized amazing?"

My mother and Nee-san did most of the work. During the month, she begged for us to help. We all refused because we were finished with the student council. And Hikigaya-kun did not want to be involved with my mother and Nee-san again.

Which I cannot believe I would've agreed with his reason as well. Mother usually hates commoners like Hikigaya-kun. She would do anything to get rid of him if she misunderstands something.