Chapter 19

"Hi, my name is Hikigaya Hachiman. I'll be replacing the... demonstrator who had to sadly go somewhere else."

Try to speak as professional as I can and not stutter at least one word. The professor is looking at me, hundreds of students are looking at me with the intent to learn everything I say. And if I accidentally speak any misinformation, I'll be held accountable.

"Okay, before you guys assume I wasn't the right guy.."

Real great, Hachiman.

"I am pretty well informed about firearms, assault rifles and all of that other stuff."

"Sir, you need a microphone. The students cannot hear you."

The professor hands me a microphone for me to speak loud and clear. I could see Yukinoshita covering her mouth, probably trying her best not to laugh and disturb the class.

"Thank you. Is this working?"

"Yes!"

The students managed to successfully hear me without any problems.

"Good. Okay, so let me start over I guess. My name is Hikigaya Hachiman, I am very well informed with everything about guns. Does anyone have any questions before I start?"

Good thing high school always had to have guest speakers every once in a month. I'm also glad I took notes in my brain to even remember it. Or maybe it was the repetition of it continuing over and over.

A male student raises his hand.

"Yes?"

I point at him, allowing him to speak.

"What is it that makes you an expert with guns?"

"Well... I carry a G19 with me all the time. Which means a Glock 19. I have a license to carry it and I've shot it multiple times."

"Where did you shoot it at?"

These questions are getting quite personal, I may say.

"I use it whenever I feel like I am in imminent danger and left with no choice."

I hope that is the best way to describe it without saying I killed lots of people with it.

"When was the time you were in imminent danger?"

"Basically every day when I went to do my military service."

I said it as fast and clear as I can, getting it over with.

The room grew quiet. Even the professor's idle stance had changed position, showing he was a bit surprised. I had to reveal it or else I won't get this job done and over with. But I guess it doesn't matter because they seemed to have no reaction or hate towards me.

"If it isn't too personal, which war did you fight in?"

Another student says, it wasn't personal at all. It's what every person would ask.

"Afghanistan and Iraq."

"You're Japanese but you fought for the Americans?"

"This isn't WW2. If it was, this would be an entirely different scenario. Japan and the US are allies now. Please do not bring that up. And besides, there were Japanese Americans who fought the Japanese as well. Okay, any more questions before I get started?"

No one raised their hands. Which was easy for me because now I could get this over with as quick as possible.

"Okay, here is what a G19 looks like. A pistol that shoots 9x19mm bullets. It's practically just 9mm for short but it's very efficient and accurate. Every soldier has a G19 or G17, depending on maybe something of their liking."