Chapter 28

"I.. I don't know what to say to that. Or to even answer that sort of question."

"Father, you are talking nonsense. Please refrain from answering that type of question."

Me marrying Yukinoshita? I just cannot see that happening.

Why would someone like me be married to the most beautiful, smart, and best girl.

And to think I am instantly given her father's consent. We haven't even started dating yet. I think it's too early for marrying her.

Wait a minute, why am I talking about dating now? I'm not even sure if she likes me or not.

Do I like her?

I've been so blinded by my PTSD.

They say it's called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

But I'd like to call it Post Traumatic Stress Disease. Nothing can cure it, you can only treat the wounds but you can never replace it, cure it, or completely restore it.

"I'll say it once again, Mr. Hikigaya. You are the only man who will be risking his own life, for my own daughter. Any father would give their consent to marry their daughter if the boyfriend had risked his life for hers. Will you marry Yukino?"

Yukinoshita was looking at me right with her blue, desperate eyes. Was she telling me to not answer it, to refuse marrying her? Or what if she wants to.

'Uhh.. I do not know of that question."

"Father, please leave this room. We will discuss about this."

Yukinoshita did a chad move somehow and forced her father to leave the room.

"Tell me if you want to marry her or not. I'll be waiting."

Mr. Yukinoshita leaves the room, probably putting his ears onto the doors.

After confirming he had closed the door, the windows showed no one watching us, Yukinoshita decided to sit on the chair in front of me.

"My father is an idiot.. Sorry about that."

"That's fine. At least you have a great father that you can normally talk to without any worry."

"And you have sister and mother you can normally talk to normally."

She got me there.

We both have issues with our family. She has issues with her mother and sister, but not with her father. While I had no issues with my mother and sister, but have issues with my father.

We definitely are complete opposites.

I've just noticed how beautiful she looks. How matured she looked. Before I went crazy and haywire. I would always tend to avoid looking at her for a long time.

I only gave a few glances.

But when I had the gun pointed at my head, my eyes finally laid onto her for a long 10 seconds. I was trained to spot anything that could endanger my life. Whether a supposed 'innocent' is holding a gun or not. Or if they have a grenade on them. And I'm bad at spotting IEDs with my own eyes.

And when the training I had done, I was only able to spot her beauty for a good 10 seconds. But there was much more than just plain beauty. Things I couldn't describe with my own vocabulary of words.

"So... are you going to refuse the decision?"

I asked her.

I had to fill in the awkward silence somehow. And I want her to say the answer before I could get my hopes high up.