Chapter 23

The terrorist attack made world wide news. Every country in Earth, every news channel in Earth, and more than a billion people has heard of it.

'Breaking news: A city in Japan called Chiba has just been attacked by supposed terrorists who had dangerous weapons. They were heavily armed with body armor and guns. The Chiba Police Department has identified the 5 shooters. With help from the US, they were able to come up with the conclusion that the 5 terrorists, now dead, were from Al-Qaeda and ISIS. 2 most notorious terrorists group in the Middle East.'

I was in my parent's home, not in my apartment right now. Father and mother made the decision that I would stay here for a few days until they believe it is safe for me to live alone again.

For the first time, I agreed with them about where I sleep and live. It's not common, but I don't want to make people think I have a big ego.

But I think I may be the primary target for them.

I can't think of anyone else besides my father, my mother, or Haruno. I'm betting on my father because he's on the lead to become Prime Minister of Japan.

The original Prime Minister of Japan resigned due to health conditions. So it was father's best chance to fix Japan the way he wants it to be fixed.

'After the CPD (Chiba Police Deparment) entered the building, almost all of the 5 shooters were dead. One was still alive at the time but eventually die due to his injuries and blood lose. While examining their bodies, they have found out the shooters had bullet wounds, bullets in their body, fractured bones, bones broken into half, and stab wounds. It is still a mystery who did this to them. There is no evidence that they would've done it to themselves. Police are still trying to find the suspect who had done it and we won't know what they would be doing to him/her.'

While the whole world doesn't know who killed the 5 gunmen in the building, only me and Yui knows. And after watching the news, it is confirmed that we both should hide Hikigaya-kun's identity as best as we could.

'Onto the next topic, Elected Prime Minister of Japan, Mr. Yukinoshita has something to say.'

With tensions in the Japan governments, they have done the vote quite early and father has won by a landslide.

'As Prime Minister of Japan, the unbelievable terrorist attack on Chiba is proved to be one of the worst in Japan history. I was there, and I believe I was about to be assassinated by them. If it weren't for my security guards, I believe I would be dead without them. But they forgot my 2 daughters. Thankfully, they were both alive. My oldest daughter, Haruno, made her own decision to leave the building using a secret exit. My youngest daughter, Yukino, had trouble.'

If it weren't for Hikigaya-kun, I think me and Yui would have been killed last night.

He saved both of our lives.

But to me, I believe that wasn't Hikigaya-kun. But it was Sgt. Hikigaya. I still remember his rank and his pay grade. Why did I put this information in my brain?

There is no reason.

I've never seen Hikigaya-kun look so intimidating, yet so calculated and focused. His calm tone when he narrowly escapes death more than a few times.

His movements when he carried the large gun were extremely fast and accurate, I thought I would never see him move like that. Usually he just walks slowly or move slowly whenever I see him. Nor have I even seen him use a gun with such profession that even I might not perfect.

The most scariest part was when he escaped from death's final grasp. He took a small piece of metal to the face. I believe he said it was a shrapnel.