Chapter 38

"Hey, Yuki, do you want to do anything when your mother is not here?"

I figured if I want to become an actual father to her, I should start to make some memories together with her.

"What has gotten into you? Did mom force you to do this?"

And of course she doubts me.

"Not at all. Though I do think your mother would be glad for us 2 to be bonding with each other. What do you like to do?"

She had her mouth a bit wider, surprised by the amount of dedication I put into this. Well not really dedication. More like how serious I am.

"Hmm.. Since you're asking. I like to watch Pan-san. I like to cook. I like to have a tea party with my toys. And I think that is it."

She only has a common interest with her mom. Not with me, sadly. This was going to be harder than I thought. I wonder if the situation would've been reversed if Yuki was a boy instead. It's too late now.

"Okay, let's not talk about the things we like. How about you ask me some questions?"

"Why do you not come to the summer festival with me and mommy?"

She instantly replied in a matter of nanoseconds.

What she said was in fact, the truth. If there was anything I willingly and purposely avoided to have family time, it would be summer festival.

The sheer loudness of fireworks trigger me to an extreme level. First time I went to the summer festival. My body's muscle memory took into consideration that there was explosions around my area.

Next thing I knew, I was inside a bathroom stall. Yukino was embarrassingly banging on the door as everyone sitting watched her.

She was furious at me, but also blamed herself. And then we made an agreement to not participate the summer festival. An event that is once per year, is not worth risking my life over. Until Yuki got older and Yukino had to go with her by herself.

"I'm not allowed to go to summer festivals. I got into a fight with someone and your mother scolded me."

"Woah! Really! Tell me how you got into the fight!"

She was more interested about a fake story of mine rather learning the real reason why I don't attend summer festivals with her and her mother.

I'll take it as a win-win.

Now I just have to make it as realistic as I can for a 7 year old to believe it. But first..

"Don't tell your mother the real reason why I got into a fight. Got that?"

"Promise."

"Okay."

[ Fake Flashback ]

It's not fake!

I attended the summer festival with normal clothing. Yukino had the most beautiful yukata worn on her. She looked beautiful and sexy.

We were just married at the time.

"Are you gonna keep staring or actually man up and walk beside me?"

I snapped my senses and walk right next to her.

"You look great."

I said to her.

"My, my. And I thought I would have forced you to at least compliment me once and get it over with. At this point, you might succeed my expectations."