20.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Knock!

The wooden doors to her room slowly creaked open and the girl timidly dove into her blanket. Cautiously, she peeked out from a gap formed by the crease to see a short-haired girl around her age—maybe a bit older—walk in with a tea set and plate of biscuits on the tray in her hands.

Two weeks have passed since Yinn Naron was rescued by members of the Bangtan Corporation at the Underground Auction. During this time, she mainly stayed in her room on the second floor, as she made sense of her situation.

After narrowly escaping the fate of being auctioned off, Yinn now had nowhere to go. Living in a rural neighbourhood had deprived her of any opportunities to establish friendships or social connections with other people, and she feared the unknown world.

Her brown eyes wide with alertness, she continued to stare through the blanket as the short-haired girl gently placed the tray on the table. It was usually Housekeeper Tara who came into her room, but regardless, Yinn felt like she knew the unfamiliar face.

She was the secretary of Kim Seokjin, the leader of Bangtan Corporation. However, Yinn also had a hunch that the girl in front of her had a presence that was more important than a mere secretary.

She recalled all the times she heard laughters and bright conversations that occurred on the other side of the hallway, only meters outside her door. The members of Bangtan Co were close with her. They were comfortable around her.

Their dynamic was something quite painful to witness for someone like Yinn, who had lived her life in darkness.

"Miss Yinn Naron, I've brought you some snacks. It's getting chilly nowadays, so we made some biscuits downstairs. Feel free do go down to get some if you need more." Her voice was calm but friendly.

Behind her, a louder voice rang out from outside the door.

"Miss Secretary, hurry up and come downstairs. We're starting without you!" Jimin's impatient voice reverberated throughout the halls. He and Jungkook were eagerly waiting for the short-haired girl to join their Maple Story game.

The fashionably-dressed man leaned past the door and poked his head into the room. At that moment, he made eye contact with the brown haired girl, who seemed to have something she wanted to say. However, Jimin merely stepped back without prompting her to speak, as if showing his disinterest.

"Miss Secretary, we'll start up the game while you're upstairs," he said casually before heading down the stairs.

Yinn couldn't help but notice the repeated use of the word we.

During her time here, a few members had peeked into her room out of curiosity, but none of them ever took the initiative to talk to her. Not even Kim Seokjin, the owner of the household she stayed at. She recalled the silver-haired man, who they called Park Jimin. He had saved her on the day of the auction, so she had thought he would be interested in her story.