4.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kim Seokjin. The leader of Bangtan Corporation. His competency was feared by the industry as he skillfully led the company through countless ups and downs, eliminating any obstacles in their way—be they organizations or its people.

Jung Hoseok. One of Bangtan Co.'s main shareholder. Like Y/N, he was also auctioned as a product in the Market at a young age; he was bought by the Chairman Senyu Corporation and was treated like a tool. They restricted his every move, causing his rebellious and carefree personality today. In his teenage years, Hoseok met Jin and Yoongi through a business banquet, and he's been helping them out ever since.

Both flamboyant and perceptive, Hoseok made use of his personality and established an international network.

Not to mention, he is kind of a party animal.

And then, there's Kim Taehyung.

Clarity encircled her hands around the coffee cup as she sat silently on the couch in Seokjin's office, attentively listening to their conversation.

"Senyu's sector group is making their move soon," Seokjin said, tapping his finger on the mahogany table. Behind him was a wide glass view of the entire city, yet he seemed to pay it no attention as his eyes focused on the board of chess laid before him.

Standing in front of the glass, Hoseok peered into the distance, silent as he appeared to be deep in thought.

Another boy was leaning by the edge of the table, his black trench-coat brushing against the wooden surface. Lightly twirling his curls to the side of his face, the man leaned forward, his slender finger grabbing hold of the knight on the chess board.

"Should we wait?" Taehyung's ocean-like voice reverberated through the air.

When Seokjin didn't respond, he peered up, his ash-brown irises peering through his bangs, revealing its uncontrollable ambition and destructive nature. The corners of his lips curled up as the knight rolled onto the ground.

"Or should I get rid of them?"

As if his question was directed towards her, chills went down Clarity's spine as she almost dropped her cup. With the palms of her hands sweating profusely, she questioned whether she was supposed to be hearing this conversation right now.

Again, this scene was also not in the original plot, all of which only further fuelled her nerves.

Growing up in a family of painters, Kim Taehyung's life was thrown into chaos after the mysterious death of his father. Unable to handle the stress, his mother left him with Jin's family and disappeared.