48.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Drops of liquid splattered onto the ground, sending a hollow reverberation throughout the room.

Taehyung stepped forth, only for the soles of his boots to sink into a small puddle.

A puddle of blood.

A metallic stench wafted around the room, and if it weren't for what Clarity experienced in the other world, she would have puked on the spot. Deeper into the apartment, the stagnant cries intensified as they approached the living room—it came from behind the counter!

Clarity didn't dare to turn on the light, since there was a chance that the culprit of this situation may still be in the room. She stole a glance at Taehyung, and the latter gestured for her to stay behind as he approached the counter.

With soundless steps, he didn't call out to the person that was behind the counter. Instead, the man swiftly jumped onto the marbled surface.

Without warning, he plunged downwards, wrapping his arm around the figure's neck, muffling the scream that had barely escaped her mouth.

It was a high-pitched, feminine voice. Sweeping his cold gaze over the struggling figure, Taehyung raised his free arm to knock her out, only to be stopped by Clarity.

Taking advantage of her constrained state, Clarity circled around the counter with a roll of tape, sealing the woman's movements as she wrapped it around her wrists and ankles.

The woman, appearing to be in her late teens, laid limp behind the counter, pupils constricted with fear. Trembling, she peeked at the two strangers through her messy bangs, part of which were coated with blood. Her face, stricken with tears, contorted with patches of dried red.

"Lune Kim?" Taehyung's alert gaze fixed onto the girl on the ground.

"It's not her." Clarity shook her head after observing the girl's features.

Her eyes soon widened, however, as she somehow recognized the familiar face. Although she was not acquainted with the girl, she knew her from somewhere.

...The concert day!

If her memories were correct, she was one of the three girls who Clarity had happened to notice while she was sitting by the bench. She remembered them especially well, since she had been in a hyper alerted state after hearing the unknown voice, who she now knew belonged to "Yeontan."

Her eyes narrowed at the girl before her.

She's acquainted with Lune Kim?

Thanks to Taehyung's daunting presence, the girl didn't dare to move. Clarity bent over to level herself with the trembling body.