42.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Thank you for coming, ARMY."

Despite Taehyung thanking her, it sounded more as if he was swearing at her.

Clarity held back her constrained urge to smack him on the head. Instead, she inhaled sharping, curling her lips into a smile.

"Not at all. Thank you." Her sharp tone caused Taehyung to slightly flinch, but Clarity simply continued on. "Taehyung, I had a dream. It was a very undream-like dream."

The black-haired singer blinked twice.

"What was it about?"

"In the dream, there was someone like you. Yes, he was very much like him, but also very different." A bittersweet expression was on her face. "He looks intimidating on the outside, but is actually super clingy. He doesn't like sweet food, but he likes eating the cookies I make. His favourite colour is green, he doesn't like being alone, he's a morning bird rather than a night owl...

"He is very loyal to his family, and he will do anything to protect those he cares about." Clarity found herself momentarily turning her head in order to hide the single tear that escaped her bleary eyes.

Taehyung was silent during this whole time, giving her his utmost attention. After Clarity calmed down, she grazed over her wet cheeks with her sleeves and casted her gaze towards the album on the table.

"That person is very, very far away right now."

There was an insurmountable distance between them.

Ba-dump.

Something flashed in Taehyung's obsidian eyes as he listened to the girl in front of him. After a seemingly interminable silence, he spoke in a soft voice.

"Are you going to find him?"

His deep tone submerged her consciousness like ocean waves under the serene moonlight. It felt as if there was a lump in her throat as Clarity forcibly swallowed. She had to remind herself that the person before her was not him.

No matter how similar they were, he was not him.

With this in mind, she lifted her head, staring straight into his eyes with conviction.

"I will reach him no matter what."

An air of silence fell upon the two at her words. Eventually, the raven-haired man mustered a smile.