39.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The sudden surge of pain threw a blank in Clarity's mind as she lost capability of all rational thought.

Without warning, her knees buckled and she tumbled backwards into Taehyung's arms. Clenching her jaws, she instinctively curled over from the piercing sensation all over her body which felt as if it was being eroded from within.

"Ah. Looks like the bread is finally acting up." Lune cocked her head to get a better view of the two that were on the ground.

"What did you do to her?" Taehyung glared towards the figure in the distance, pulling the shaking Clarity closer into his arms.

"It's a shame that we couldn't get to know each other in this world, Taehyung. You and the other members. It's truly a shame." Lune said sadly.

She kicked the lounge chair aside and slowly made her way towards the two.

"That's why I decided to leave."

There was more to her goal than merely killing the members. Lune's life revolved around BTS. No, it would be more accurate to say that they were her entire life.

What good would it be to stay in a world where they were dead?

This was why Lune decided to go back. The real members of BTS were still waiting for her back in the real world.

Lune was going to return using the same method that caused her transmigration. She was capable of doing that due to the conditions of the sacrificial ritual.

They called her a witch, after all.

However, she had to make sure to minimize risk, since she was in an alternate dimension with wholly different circumstances. To ensure her return was successful, she needed a lab rat.

Someone who was in the same situation as her.

Clarity Moon, the variable of her novel, had became the current Bangtan's treasure.

How would they feel if all seven of them gathered here, only to see her die before their very eyes?

At that moment, the metal platform below them lit up in a crimson red, painting in the tranquil sky in an ominous light. The red patterns on the ground illuminated one by one, forming a strange pattern all around the rooftop.

The threatening aura caused Jungkook to steer the helicopter upwards, creating distance between them and the surface. Something was distorting the cyclic controls, preventing him from approaching the rooftop.