51.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"The Secretary pushed forth, stating her stance against Y/N's membership in Bangtan Co. She planned to stop you from joining no matter what. Ignoring your trembling eyes, she stood up straight and turned to Seokjin, who was leaning on the backrest with a stoic expression.

" "Sir," she said. "There is a chance that she is a bait laid out by Senyu. We can not let her join us. The risk is too high!"

"Before she could add on, Taehyung cut her off with a sharp glare.

" "You're Seokjin's guard, and your blunder trying to kill Y/N almost caused Seokjin to be injured." His low voice sent a wave of chills throughout the conference room. "Your current words hold no value to us."

At his statement, The Secretary merely stared back flatly, without a ripple in her vehement gaze. The conversation had reached a stalemate, with neither sides willing to submit."

Clarity closed the book with a shake of her head. Four words—To Be His Possession—filled the cover of the leather surface as she placed the book on the bedside counter.

"When I first read that chapter, I loved it because it was peak satisfaction. But if you glared at me in real life, I would cry right there." Brushing her short hair back, she turned around, towards the person on the bed. "But you wouldn't do that, right?"

Of course, Taehyung did not responded.

His eyes were serenely shut, bringing emphasis to his long lashes, pink lips, and smooth facial structure that gave him an appearance of a doll. Clarity bit down on her lips, mustering a faint smile.

A month had passed since her return to this world, and seven months have passed since Taehyung fell into a coma.

It took her over a month to readjust to normal life, and to redevelop her dying muscles and physical strength. Now that she could complete most of the daily tasks independently, she was finally getting discharged next week.

She sat in the chair beside Taehyung's bed and lifted a hand to caress his face.

"If the fake Yeontan ever appears again, I'll roast that dog-looking thing..." she muttered to herself.

The moment she relearned to walk, Clarity had been coming to Taehyung's ward everyday to talk to him. She spoke about all types of things, from the weather to the latest gossips among the Bangtan members. She did this mainly to keep herself grounded, but also because the doctors had suggested daily conversations to keep the patient's living environment...well, alive.

"It's been kind of boring without you." She sighed, taking in the cool sensation of Taehyung's cheeks as her fingers lightly brushed a strand of black hair away from his face. "Jimin and Jungkook's been feeding me some horrifying stuff. They call it desserts, but I don't believe them. It's almost on par with the poisonous cookies that Yinn tried to kill me with. Just almost."