17.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I am from another world."

First, there was silence.

Then, Seokjin's laughter.

The man released a short, scrubbing-like laugh before suddenly facing her with a straight face.

"And I'm the gorgeous man created that world."

"I'm serious." Clarity frowned.

"So am I," he said, his arm folded in front of his chest. "Listen, if you're looking for a salary raise, just tell me. No need to go around the point with such an pretext."

"Suppose what you're saying is true," Namjoon cut in. "Where is the evidence?"

"Huh?"

"You can't just make a statement like such and have no way to back up your claim, am I wrong?"

Clarity bit her lips, realizing that the man had a point.

What was she supposed to say?

Kim Seokjin is the main character of this book and Yinn is the female protagonist, so he was supposed to pay extra attention to her and eventually fall in love with her!

If Clarity told them that, what awaited her would be mental care.

She could speak her knowledge about the story, but considering the inconsistency of the plot in its current progression, there was no way of knowing for sure if the future events would occur. She could also name each of the member's weight, height, blood type, favourite colour, favourite food, and so on, but that would make her seem more like a stalker rather than someone from another world.

In other words, she was in a predicament.

As Clarity was deep in thought, the door to Seokjin's office creaked open.

Poking his head into the room, Taehyung peered forward from the door, his dark curls dangling before his forehead from the leaning movement.

"Oh, it's Taehyung," Seokjin gestured a wave. "What brings you here?"

At his question, the former swiftly snuck a glance at the girl before replying with a light shrug. "I was passing by."

"Well, you've come at the right time. Namjoon and I were just about to start the meeting about the plan." Jin paused for a moment before his eyes landed on the short-haired girl by the door. "Miss Secretary, you may leave now. You're still injured, so feel free to rest for a few days. No need to come to work."