7.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tapping her pen impatiently against the wooden table, Clarity stared at the pile of documents in front of her eyes in despair.

How was she expected to memorize all of these personal profiles when she couldn't even get down the multiplication table?

As the date of the Auction approached closer and closer with each passing day, Clarity's apprehensiveness grew with it by the passing hour. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail, leaning back into her wheelie chair as her gaze locked onto the pinned profile at the center of her wall.

Yinn Naron.

Another walking death flag—perhaps even more deadly than Kim Taehyung.

Throughout her time in To Be His Possession, Clarity came up with a few rules that seemed to govern the book.

First: escape was possible, but discouraged. During her stay in Seokjin's mansion as a housekeeper, she had attempted to escape on multiple occasions—be they during the morning or the night. However, she soon realized that the world was vast;  even if she had escaped the Bangtan members, she would not be able to survive with no money, food, nor connections.

Second: there seemed to be some unknown source that tied her to the rest of the cast. Unlike Clarity's original impressions of this world, she was surprisingly free to act and do as her heart desired—only under the condition that she was to stay aware of her role. Here, Clarity wasn't a reader. She was a direct participant in the plot.

Third: To Be His Possession held more complexity than she had expected. Sure, the characters and plot set up were cliched, yet frankly speaking, her experience proved to be nothing close to a plot procedure. Sometimes, the story flowed so smoothly she barely considered it a prewritten. Each supposed "dialogue" that came out of the characters' mouth seemed so natural, and as time went on, it felt like the fanfiction this world was based on was merely bits and pieces of something bigger.

Rather than the world following the fanfiction path—could it be that the fanfiction merely acted as a recording medium of the events of this world?

Regardless, her biggest worry right now was still her own survival. The Auction marked the commencement of the rolling plot, which meant that she had until Auction Day to develop an amiable relationship with the members to increase the possibility of them sparing her life—if it ever came to that. Once the female protagonist makes her debut, that was when things were truly going to change. Clarity recalled all the interactions she's had with the members so far, and a sigh escaped her lips.