18.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

As she had promised, Clarity went to work the next day.

The moment she entered the front doors of Bangtan Corporation, however, she realized something was off.

Unlike the usual work atmosphere, the entrance to the conference room was blocked by several employees as they hovered over the closed binds that blocked the situation in the conference space. Feeling apprehensive, she poked her head over the ruckus to get a sense of what was going on.

One of her coworkers noticed her presence and spoke up. "Miss Secretary! Aren't you supposed to be in the conference room?"

Clarity blinked dumbly at his assumption of an order that she never heard about until now. She was certain that Seokjin did not mention this to her in yesterday's conversation.

"What's going on inside the conference room?" she asked.

"People from Senyu's here," the coworker responded, "they came unannounced, so something big must have happened. I figured you would have to be there too, since you're CEO Kim's secretary."

An ominous foreboding came upon her. Clarity vaguely recalled the members' talks about a plan in progress, and Jimin's words resurfaced in her mind.

It was not in Kim Seokjin's nature to take a bomb without throwing two in return.

As a result of the Underground Auction, Senyu had suffered great losses in their reputation. Like Bangtan Co, while Senyu was secretly affiliated with the underground mafia world, they were still officially registered as a renowned company in the business industry. Although the company's split identities were two sides of the same coin, one side could not show without hiding the other. The mafia and the business industry were, in the end, two clashing worlds.

As a mafia organization, Bangtan was on the opposing side of Senyu. Strategically speaking, however, there was no benefit in carrying this bad blood into their business decisions.

A frown subconsciously made its way to Clarity's expression. Just what was happening inside that room?

As if to answer her internal inquiries, a silhouette smoothly made its appearance amidst the crowd of spectators. A path automatically paved itself as the employees moved out of the way at his presence.

"Excuse me. Coming through!" Jung Hoseok's usual cheery voice echoed through the room as he strode towards the entrance. A certain silver-haired man trailed after him silently, the prominent bags under his eyes complementing well with his annoyed expression.