32.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Is everyone here?" Jimin's calm voice reverberated throughout the room.

"Miss Clarity and Miss Yinn are still in preparing!" Jungkook replied, peering over to the two closed doors by the change room.

The banquet was starting in less than two hours, and the members had scattered themselves around the banquet hall to ascertain the final preparations for their plan. Yoongi and Hoseok were checking the security systems while Namjoon and Seokjin headed in the front gates to welcome the incoming guests.

Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin remained by the backstage change room as they waited for the two female members to get ready.

As if replying to the youngest's statement, one of the doors swung open at that moment, revealing none other than the brown-haired female protagonist. In an elegant green dress that was rimmed in white lining, Yinn sheepishly moved from the change room doors to the front of the room. Her hair, usually let loose to her waist, was tied up in a neat french-bun, allowing two curly strands of hair to frame her face.

"Sorry for taking so long. It was a bit difficult tying the ribbon," she said, pointing to the large adornment by her back with an awkward smile.

"Ah. That's..." Jimin blinked twice before recollecting his composure. "That's fine. You didn't take very long."

"Yeah, it's Miss Clarity who's taking up an eternity." Jungkook puckered his lips, legs dangling on the high chair he was sitting on.

"I'll go check on her." Lifting himself up from the leather couch, Taehyung was about to head towards the change room when the second door swung open, and all heads turned towards the source of the sound.

At that moment, the raven-haired man froze on the spot as his eyes clouded. As if he was captured under a spell, everything around him blurred, and all Taehyung could focus on was the girl standing before them.

"Finally, Miss Clar-" Jungkook's voice trailed off half way through his sentence, his doe-like eyes widening at the girl standing before them.

"...Woah."

In contrast to Yinn's light green ballgown, Clarity was in a modern kimono dress that flowed down to her knees as a gradient wash of obsidian. Strewn with silver embroidery, the dress was layered with patterns that resembled fireflies of a midnight sky. Eyes twinkling, Clarity tucked a stand of hazel hair behind her ears, unintentionally revealing the earring that was glowing in a dim purple.

"I know that we have to dress formally since it's a banquet, but really?" Unaware of the dumbfounded eyes in the room, she twirled around on the spot, watching her bell sleeves fly at her actions. "...Why are you all looking at me like that?"

It was more convenient to execute the plan with inconspicuous outfits, which was why the members decided to follow the dress code. The last time Clarity had worn a dress was during senior year prom in high school. She recalled the troublesome preparations and makeup processes she had to go through for hours, only for a few damn pictures. This was her first time in a year spending similar efforts on dressing up.