5.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In Ancient Greece, Athenians would come together in the townsquare to hold discussions on whatever issues were relevant to them at the moment.

People would debate about everything—from legislative laws to everyday trifles. Freedom of speech was recognized, and it was effectively utilized by people of all social status. Both new and old issues were debated on a daily basis, and eventually, Athens became a city governed by public speaking and its speakers, the orators. This was developed to be known as today's rhetorics.

As an aspiring screenwriter, using rhetorics to convince the director on picking her screenplay were considered the norms. In fact, Clarity took pride in the fact that she had never lost a single argument.

Until now.

Logically speaking, if a debate were to start up, she was confident enough in her abilities for her to not back down. However, that was under the condition that a debate were to start up in the first place.

"It is of my awareness that you are new to Bangtan Corporation, but it is also of your obligations to adjust as soon as possible—even more so, considering your position as Jin's Secretary." With a tick of the finger, Hoseok's sunglasses dropped down from his forehead to his sculpted face, perfectly resting on his high nose bridge.

Hurrying around the different areas of the building, it took Clarity all her note taking skills to keep up with the man's introduction on the company.

Behind them, Taehyung silently trailed behind. His eyes was buried under the rims of his black hood, and his face was largely covered by a mask. Without even trying, his existence radiated an intimidating aura, shunning all who came near his vicinity.

His pressuring aura pushed Clarity from behind as she expedited her footsteps, not daring to look back.

"The Auction is in three weeks, which means you get three weeks to prepare. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll manage. After all, there's got to be a reason why you were picked out of thousands of applications, right?" Hoseok chirped, and he didn't even have to turn around for Clarity to know that a blinding smile was radiating from his face.

She sighed. "What if it doesn't work out?"

Hearing her question, the brown-haired boy stopped in his tracks, and she immediately shut up. Slowly, Hoseok turned around. Behind her, Taehyung observed the two with a silent, vigilant gaze. The air in the space grew chilly, and at that moment, they both knew the answer to her meaningless inquiry. The former shrugged a smile. One that didn't reach his eyes.